or Connect

Posts by mcarling

Close. That's the number of iPads Apple sells on an average day. Use amount for things which are measurable rather than countable. Use number for things which are countable. Money is the only exception (because long ago money was weighed rather than counted).
Yes. At most about 1/3 the size. I think Apple should make the next Mac Pro as small as possible with a high-end 8-core CPU, 8 DIMM slots, one drive bay, and support for an SSD card (like the MacBook Air). Ports should include 2 Thunderbolt, 4 USB 2.0, and 2 Ethernet. Anyone who needs RAID can get an external RAID device. No need for internal PCI slots. That should make it possible to sell an entry-level configuration for $1499 with Apple's margins. It could be...
The chips are already soldered onto the circuit board, so you would be replacing at least the motherboard. It's difficult to imagine that would be better than buying a new Mac.2015.
What do you plan to do when the CPU, GPU, and RAM are all on the same chip?
"In our view, this will be the most significant iPhone upgrade with a four-inch screen and a new, sleek look that we believe will require a Unibody case," White wrote. "This new, sleek look will be the most important reason that consumers decide to upgrade." This is just idiotic. The reason to upgrade is the new features, not the "sleek new look". I expect the 6th gen iPhone to have the same case and look and the 4th and 5th gen iPhones.
Anyone who is still thinking of Apple as a computer company is confused. Apple are a consumer electronics company, not a computer company. There is a reason why Apple changed their name from Apple Computer Inc. to Apple Inc. (in January of 2007).
Yes. Just two years from now, in 2014, Apple will be able to introduce a Mac Mini faster than today's entry-level Mac Pro.A 512GB SSD in 2012 will be one of those things that if you have to ask about the price, you can't afford it. I expect it to cost more than the 2011 price of the 256GB SSD. The good news is that prices will continue to drop fast.I rather suspect Apple would put the GPU on the motherboard.I strongly disagree. For another few years, MacBook Pro SSD...
Then starting a few years from now, you'll never again be able to buy a new computer. You'll be stuck with pre-2015 computers for the rest of your life.
I expect the next 13" MacBook Pro to look more like this: - No ODD. - Modified Air form (slightly thicker to accommodate a bigger battery and greater airflow). - Ivy bridge with integrated GPU, quad-core. - Discrete GPU. - 4 GB RAM, 8 GB option. - Blade form SSD bay with 128/256/512 GB drive. - No HDD. - RAM, SSD not user replaceable. - 2560x1600 resolution. - Glossy screen without glass panel. Option for matte without glass panel. - One TB port. - Two or three USB 2...
That ranks right up there with: - The automobile can never replace the horse for personal transportation. - Mobile phones can never replace fixed land-line phones. - Carbon tennis rackets can never replace wood. - Fountain pens can never replace quill pens. - The electric lightbulb can never replace gas lamps. - Radial tires can never replace bias-ply tires. - Jet aircraft can never replace propeller aircraft. - English can never replace French as the international...