or Connect

Posts by mcarling

I expect Apple already have a list of features they hope to include in 10.6.
I'm hoping that Displayport beats out HDMI, but it's early to try to call. Anyway, I think we'll see 3200x2048 before we see 3840x2400.
I think we'll see a speedbump at MWSF based on Penryn and an all-new design in May or June based on Montevina.
In the 1950s, an IBM white paper concluded that no application would ever need more than 8K of memory. In the 1940s, IBM concluded that the number of computers needed to satisfy worldwide demand was five. From the 1940s until the 1970s, memory prices held fairly steady at about $1/byte.
It's the other way around. The standard interface for resolutions higher 2560x1600 is the HDMI Type 3 connector. The problem is that there are no graphics cards or standard LCD panels on the market, though Apple could have them developed once Resolution Independence is released.
I certainly wouldn't want an extra 100 or 200 grams in a laptop. My 12" PowerBook already weighs about double what it should.
The only innovation I can recall coming from Microsoft was taking public domain software and taking it private, which pissed off Richard Stallman with the GPL as a result. Microsoft do, however, make good hardware. They should give up on software and focus on what they're good at -- keyboards and mice.
That rumor pertains to the desktop Penryns due in November, not the laptop Penryns due in January.
I'd love to have a Bluetooth trackball.
4GB DIMMs just recently became available and Apple are not supporting them, which hints at the results of their tests. I would not be too sure that Apple have received 8GB DIMMs for testing yet. I very much doubt that Apple had received 8GB DIMMs back when the current Mac Pro was in development.