or Connect

Posts by Carmissimo

What would be less expensive on the iPad Mini vs. manufacturing the iPad 2? If anything, there would be more cost, not less, involved in making this device. Development cost, for one, and generally the smaller the device, the more costly it is to engineer. I suspect that being the same resolution, the difference in cost between the rumoured Mini's screen and the one on the current iPad 2, is insignificant.    If Apple doesn't sell the iPad 2 for less than $399 in the US...
It doesn't add up that Apple would move 10 million of these units in less than two months, even if it is the holiday shopping season. The market for this device is not a clear one. For puttering around the house, clearly the iPad has this device beat by quite a margin. On the go, there's the iPhone and soon the 4-inch Touch. Children? Place the current iPad on the table next to this proposed iPad Mini. Guaranteed the average seven-year-old would gravitate to the current...
If on or about October 10 invitations go out, this thing is a go. If, on the other hand, if we get some claims that yield problems have delayed this device for a few more weeks, forget about it. There is no iPad Mini coming. I have to think that if this thing is for real, the iPad 2 will be discontinued and it will come in at around $399. After all, if the 4-inch Touch is $299, how realistic is it to think a 7-inch iPad would come in for much less than $400.
It sure seems like there will be and yet it just doesn't add up. Why a $299 Touch and this device. Strange.
I can't believe that after releasing a $299 iPod Touch, there is still an attempt to claim that Apple has an interest in releasing a 7-inch tablet.   It doesn't add up. There is a product slotted into pretty much every price point. The new iPhone and the new Touch address a lot of the concerns expressed by those who crave a more portable companion to the iPad. iPhones are ubiquitous and the Touch fills out the picture.    It's claimed that children have trouble...
Considering we just got an iPod update featuring a price increase for the Touch, how is it that we're still talking about this mythical iPad Mini? If there's a $300 Touch and a $400 iPad, where does the Mini fit? The iPhone/Touch is the solution Apple offers for when you're on the go and the iPad handles the rest. No need for the rumoured Mini. It is especially suspicious that the time frame for an announcement has been pushed out to October. Why would Apple have left...
Let's face it, folks, the iPad Mini is not going to happen and I for one am glad to see it. The most interesting aspect of the new Touch is just how much of a difference the bigger screen is going to make. I suspect the difference will be more than many imagine considering a 4-inch screen is not all that big for a device like this. It's because all the increase is happening in one direction that I think it might just be a significant upgrade. After all, we humans tend to...
The appeal is that instead of paying something like $60 a month to maintain an iPhone, I have a cellphone that costs me less than $30 a month and yet with a Touch have access to many of the programs that the iPhone runs. If I pay $200 for a Touch and combine it with a $30 a month cellphone, every three years that runs me $1,280 before taxes. An iPhone in that same three years would cost me $2,259. Is it worth it for me to save $979 every three years in exchange for losing...
Does it matter that the Touch will be using a processor similar to the one now powering the iPad 2? Has anyone complained that the iPad is underpowered and if not, why would such processing power be a problem for a significantly smaller device?
The question is, why buy the Touch instead of the rumoured Mini. Simple. The Touch is pocketable and the Mini, if it will even be released, not so much. For situations in which pocketability is not important, I will do what I am already doing, namely use the iPad 2. When I want something I can easily slip into my pocket, the Touch. The Rumoured Mini? A compromise all around. No thanks.