or Connect

Posts by Carmissimo

That makes more sense but as for going a little heavy on the criticism, getting it right every time is not as easy as it looks. Being an ex-journalist (including a few years editing), I can assure you that quite capable people do miss stuff from time to time. It happens. It shouldn't but it does. 
It's customary when quoting to repeat what the quoted source stated, not to change it to something incorrect and then complain about an imaginary mistake. The article states that the iPhone aspect ratio is 3 to 2, so one has to wonder what your point is.
  I don't think the timing will work like that. I think the set will come to market when it's ready for prime time. Keep in mind that this will be a premium model costing considerably more than the sets found in huge numbers at your local Walmart, Best Buy etc. As such, it's not enough to offer a superior interface. The set needs to have state of the art picture quality to go with its premium price. Anything less and all the bells and whistles you could conjure up will...
People say they want Flash but Flash on an iPad isn't going to happen and I don't think it matters. As for the fact that there are lots of 7-inch tablets sold in Android tablets, that may be because most of the tablets offered in that form are 7-inch models.I can assure you that all those people requesting a 7-inch tablet would expect no downside in going with a smaller screen. As such, when using such an iPad proved less enjoyable, it would all be Apple's fault. Besides,...
Not so. The small MBAs are perfect for many customers. As such, they make sense. The user experience is an excellent one and falls well within the expectations of the customers buying those devices. On the other hand, I argue that it's impossible to make a tablet like the iPad enjoyable to use with a much smaller screen.Yes, Apple makes the Touch/iPhone which are, like the iPad, touchscreen devices but the expectations for those devices are dramatically different than...
A larger iPad is not going to happen, at least not using current technology because such a device would be too heavy for handheld use. The current iPad could benefit from a weight reduction so a bigger heavier iPad is a no go.In the case of a smaller iPad, the problem is that the overall user experience would be greatly diminished and yet you're still not talking about a device that is significantly more portable.Apple has been successful by making products that consumers...
No matter what you're perceived needs might be, a smaller screen = a diminshed experience. End of story. It is simply impossible to provide as enjoyable an experience with a screen size significantly smaller than the current iPad. Make the iPad less satisfying to use and Apple's reputation takes a hit. Considering the overwhelming success of the iPad, including the percentage of satisfied customers, there is no reason to mess with that formula. I can tell you exactly what...
What I think is underestimated are two advantages. One is that the iPad is just about perfect in terms of size. Smaller and it becomes less enjoyable to use. Larger and it becomes too cumbersome for a handheld. The other great strength of this device is access to plenty of inexpensive applications. For less than $100 you can equip an iPad with plenty of excellent apps. It's the just-right nature of this device combined with a compelling affordability that has left...
  Just had my nephew visiting and he's all of six yet he absolutely loved using my iPad 2. No complaints about the screen being too big for him to handle and given the choice between the iPad and a Touch, he much prefers the iPad. The iPad is a much better gaming device than smaller products and because of the bigger screen easier for children to master. As well, getting two people gaming at the same time on one device is an option with the iPad and impossible, really,...
  Every activity that you perform on an iPad would be adversely affected by using a smaller screen. Watching movies. Much worse. Reading. Defintely worse. Gaming. For sure not as enjoyable and developers would be more restricted with what they can do on a smaller screen. Browsing. Are you kidding me. Name any app and without question, having more screen to work with is a good thing. Pick up an iPad and in terms of screen real estate I can't imagine anyone finding that the...