or Connect

Posts by TenThousandThings

You're too nice. "Incompetent" is the word that was going through my mind (with regard to OWC) after reading maxinc's comment.
Is the Z68 caching feature something that a firmware/software update could address later? If so, maybe Lion will do so?
Note that Mr. Yang and the Taiwanese company do not actually control the assets of their Shenzhen "affiliate." I would assume that one of those assets is, in fact, the iPad trademarks in China that are in question. So I would think it would be the consortium of Chinese banks that should sue or (more likely) seek to sell the trademarks to Apple. Assuming, of course that somehow the basic claim -- that the deal for Proview's global trademarks did not include those held by...
In other words, music industry execs are thrilled that Google will take a smaller slice of the pie than Apple, and allow them to do whatever they want with regard to complexity in pricing. I wouldn't rule out success (assuming Oracle doesn't kill Android altogether, due to an epic blunder on Google's part), but it reminds me of the expression "You can't unring the bell" -- the kind of simplicity in pricing that Jobs has championed has been the norm for a generation now --...
No way anyone who has been buying and using Apple products for the past 20 years writes "MAC" instead of Mac. It's simply not possible. No. It's a common mistake made by PC users who have no experience with the Mac OS. If this guy is lying about being a long-time Apple customer, what else is he lying about? Jobs needs to do a better job of screening which customers he replies to. This guy isn't worth it.
Well, considering I bought my phone on August 1st and I missed the cutoff by two days, I suspect you just made it. For $70/month customers like me and you, my guess is the cutoff date for purchasing the phone is July 31, 2009.
Unfortunately, it seems far more likely Wolfies167 was talking to representatives who were confirming that he himself is eligible. He may have tried to get answers about the big picture, but the representatives you get on the phone when you call AT&T aren't in a position to discuss how the company determined his eligibility.
Yes, you are interpreting that correctly. For whatever reason (longtime AT&T customer?) they have bumped you up. If you didn't qualify, you'd be getting a different, more depressing message that includes the date when you will qualify.
1. If you qualify for the discount, when you go to your account at AT&T Wireless, under Upgrade Options > iPhone Upgrade it should say: As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade with a new 2-year commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.2. If you don't qualify (yet), it should say (always with a 2011 date for when you will qualify for the full discount -- the date given happens to be my own): As a valued AT&T customer, we can offer you a discounted...
I bought a 3GS on August 1, 2009, and my current upgrade date is January 2, 2011. I don't know how they calculate that date, but it looks like I can't get the new model early at a discount -- if I want it now, I'll have to pay the $200 "early upgrade" premium.