or Connect

Posts by TenThousandThings

Let's see -- they had the name of the guy who lost it, access to his Facebook account, and the knowledge that he is an Apple employee, but they just couldn't figure out how to return it to him? They made a generic call to Apple instead? I don't think their claim of making a good-faith effort to return it holds much water.
Exactly. Plus, obviously, companies other than Apple are free to build them. Indeed, they already do. I'd be willing to bet a third-party external (Bluetooth?) videoconferencing camera will be sold as an accessory for the iPad from day one.On this question, see Roughly Drafted.
The article doesn't say they plan to do anything like that. You sound like a troll when you repeat that over and over when AT&T hasn't said anything of the sort.They plan to offer "incentives" to get data hogs to change their ways. I'll guess that means free stuff, but whatever -- it certainly doesn't mean breaching contracts.
Hello? Read the article! They are not saying they are going to change existing contracts -- they are saying they will give bandwidth-hogging users incentives to "reduce or modify their usage."I don't know what "incentives" means in this context, but it certainly doesn't mean they intend to break any contracts except by mutual consent between the parties.
See here: Apple iPhone eats up 50% share of all mobile data traffic globally [55% in the U.S., Q3 2009] Verizon has yet to deal with this kind of massive load on their 3G network. As Droid takes off, they will start to feel it, and start having the same kinds of problems AT&T is coping with now. You're dreaming if you think Verizon is going to react any differently -- indeed, if ifail is right (see above, #11), then Verizon already has caps. This is inevitable. But...
Funny you should choose iData to ask about. It is a very long-lived application. Mike Wright and Robin Casady have been around since the late 1980s -- the program was called QuickDEX at first, then InfoGenie, and finally iData in the late 1990s. Mike was an employee who purchased his program from his employer when they went out of business. See here:http://db.tidbits.com/article/7761
There are basically two kinds of people posting here: those who have worked on the insides of computers for a living and those who haven't. While opinions are all over the place amongst those who haven't, everyone with experience repairing computers understands where a policy like this is coming from. I agree with the person who said that this is probably the result of a lawsuit, most likely elsewhere in the industry. After all, technicians have been handling machines...
That's certainly what Verizon will argue, but in my experience it won't fly. The judge will see the line for what it is in the context of the ad -- purposely misleading.Anyhow, we'll know the decision soon enough...
That's not quite true. One can certainly monitor e-mail with little or no problems. The web is much slower (my only experience is traveling around the country with 3G versus EDGE on an iPhone), but it's still there. You don't need to exaggerate to make your point.
It's not about the maps. It's about what Verizon is saying about the maps. One of the elves in an ad I saw last night says something like "Good luck browsing the web and checking e-mail with that [map]" -- the clear message is that if you live in the white areas, you can't browse the web and check e-mail. That's misleading and the judge will put a stop to it. But I'd be very surprised if the map comparison itself is curtailed. Verizon only has to change one line of the...