or Connect

Posts by winterspan

"As for the 'bad purpose', 'wrong way', and 'wrong purpose' I think it doesn't take much googling to locate enough of what research has turned up on the negative effects of smoking pot to make a good case for identifying recreational use as abuse. "Considering alcohol has many, many negative side effects (addictive, kills brain cells, causes dehydration, hard on your liver, poisonous is large amounts, leads people to injure or kill themselves accidentally) do you then...
Your post is full of misinformation, so please don't insult me.First of all, If you comprehended the point of my post, you would see that I am not "putting drugs on a pedestal", I just recognize that the current strategy for dealing with them is a failure.Secondly, no, of course I do not think "all" drug related crime would go away with legalization... However, it doesn't require a high IQ to recognize that removing the hundreds of billions of dollars in black market...
Probably too obvious to point out, but the criminal networks you speak of were created by drug prohibition.I am very conflicted on legalization of all drugs. As someone who has seen and experienced prescription addiction first hand, I wish that my children lived in a world where the temptations of heroin, OxyContin, meth, adderal, coke, etc didn't exist. However, that is not reality. Whether all substances are legalized and commercially produced or not, people who find...
First of all, as someone who has personally experienced addiction and chemical dependency first-hand, I am well aware of the impacts that it has on families, friends, and colleagues of the affected individual.Secondly, we are talking about Marijuana, not opiates, coke or meth. While there are people who take it too far and smoke weed every day, "marijuana addiction" is not the same as addiction to harder drugs. I'm sure it effects the individuals life and those around...
That is an incredibly tenuous argument... Smoking pot only affects the user. Individual rights end when they impact others individual rights, which is why murder is illegal.
You are missing the point. I think everyone would agree that "substance abuse" exists and is what the majority of addicts are doing. However, to claim that all recreational users are "abusing" a particular substance is ludicrous. The entire term "substance abuse" is a politically loaded one, created by the drug war with the misguided notion that all drug use is "immoral".Attitudes like yours are part of the problem today. All of the black and white, absolutist anti-drug...
It's not anarchy... The difference is that bullshit laws like marijuana prohibition make criminal, activities that were not directly affecting anyone else but the user --- so called victimless crimes (along with prostitution and others... Drug use being only one example)Anarchy would be no law and order (or government) whatsoever. What I am advocating is "freedom". Freedom to do what you please as long as you are only affecting yourself.Lead paint, asbestos, etc are...
"I've seen what pot does to people who can't see what it's doing to them. No one should use recreational drugs. Since that's true, I don't mind taking any and all flak for saying it." And its people like you who continue to support the disastrous drug war.... Adults should be able to decide for themselves if they want to take the risk, just as we don't regular unprotected sex or eating too much fast food.
undefined
I want one too, but I think it will wait until the broadwell chips are available which should help lower power GPU performance for pushing a high res screen.