or Connect

Posts by winterspan

"Bushcraft" ? As an American, this is a foreign but altogether awesome concept
    I'm feeling mixed emotions about this... While most of us NOW take different design features for granted --- multitouch swiping, pinch-to-zoom, the scroll-past-the-end "bounce", etc ---- the fact is that they were quite amazing and innovative when the iPhone came out. NO other Samsung (or other) smartphone on the market was anything like the iPhone. And a few years later, Android through out their original blackberry like design and implemented something very close to...
Ionizing radiation does NOT "split atoms" (fission), it knocks electrons off of atoms/molecules causing ions to form which can be damaging to biological systems
I know they are trying to keep it cheap (and I might buy one for $250) but I'm sick of the all fanboy hype around the Tegra 3 chip being quad-core. The new DUAL-CORE 28nm chips that use newer ARM architectures from Samsung, Qualcomm, TI, etc wipe the floor with Tegra 3, and its GPU is not great either.
Are we sure this is related to THAT SGI? As far as I know, they are still quite successful, having changed gears from high-end proprietary graphics workstations to the high-performance computing/supercomputing market...
"For as long as Apple does not drop mobile telecommunications functions, it would be impossible for it to sell its i-branded products without using our patents..." Doesn't that quote basically admit in public that many (most? all?) of the patents should be covered under the FRAND system? ( "fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory" is essentially a mechanism for protecting competition in particular industries where patents have been granted to a single company that are...
BAHAHA!
I think i just threw up in my mouth...A lot of mainstream media is slanted and biased, but Murdoch and co take it to the extreme. Much of the content on Fox News is ignorant, divisive, xenophobic, morally righteous bullshit...
It certainly sucks that Apple incorporated the same feature and thus he lost the opportunity to profit from this app, he had to know that wireless synching would be something that Apple would surely be working on at some point in time. However, I do not agree with Apple blocking apps and then recreating their functionality internally. Legality aside, it didn't pass the "sniff test" and Apple would have benefited if they just would have purchased his IP, if only from the...
Hopefully Apple doesn't get clever and decide to increase yield on the A5 by fusing off processing cores that don't work thus creating "single-core" A5s for the iPhone...