or Connect

Posts by winterspan

I agree with this developer's original blog post. Apple's "App Store" approval process has been fumbled terribly and remains highly flawed, inconsistent, and illogical. At this point in the game, It is pathetic for a large company like Apple to have such a chaotic, disjointed approval process for the platform that is becoming the future of their company. This is unacceptable, and SOMEONE needs to be canned. Today. The ultimate responsibility lays with Shiller, and coupled...
Are you purposefully trying to sound misinformed? The iPhone hardware, at $199, is among the cheapest subsidized smartphone on the United States market. Similarly, it has the exact same monthly fees as a blackberry. AT&T and Verizon, the 2 largest carriers in the USA, both charge the same $30/month for a data package with all smartphones, and this is required for the iPhone, Blackberry devices, and other smartphones. I don't know where you get all this "expensive" nonsense.
"It really is a much better experience" Is this a joke? Forgetting the fact for a moment that mobile Safari easily has the most advanced and best performing mobile rendering engine on the market, Mobile IE is by far the worst performing browser on the market. It is not even close. Even worse, apparently the "new" mobile IE coming in Windows Mobile 7 is actually based on the IE6 rendering engine, which was among the most buggy and universally despised browsers ever.
Those are definitely great numbers, but I can only imagine how well the iPhone would be doing if the device was available on more networks in the United States. Even just a second carrier like Verizon (using an EVDO iPhone) would have an enormous impact on Apple's bottom line as their smartphone marketshare in the United States would most likely nearly double.
Thank you for the post. I really get tired of debating the facts with all of these anti-regulation, lasissez-faire zealots who don't understand the importance of regulation to *encourage* competition and remove the abuses of large entrenched corporations. (and certainly when you are talking about publicly owned or publicly invested assets). Allowing the cellular companies to use segments of the publicly-owned spectrum is not a right. Whether it had ultimately been CDMA or...
Relatively lowly carriers? You mean like this one: Verizon Communications Inc. (12 months ending 12-31-2008) Revenue: $97 Billion Gross Profit: $58 Billion Employees: 235,000 Google Inc. (12 months ending 12-31-2008) Revenue: $21 Billion Gross Profit: $13 Billion Employees 19,000 And even if Google was 20X bigger than Verizon, the point still stands. The carriers have consistently pushed and lobbied for anti-consumer practices. Everything from colluding to increase text...
Exactly... I love Apple's products, but their attitude is very poor. Admittedly Microsoft has pulled all kinds of shaddy B.S. over the years (Gates was certainly a dirty weasel, although he has more than made up for it with the Gates Foundation), but I can only IMAGINE if MS pulled this kind of anti-competitive crap now. the iPhone's smartphone share in the USA is pretty large already --- once they are on Verizon, Sprint, and TMobile, I guarantee you they will absolutely...
WTF is this, amatuer hour? I find it unbelievable that these idiots don't have a few virtual machines setup with an installation of all major popular consumer software to test against. BTW, I also use Avira Antivir.. Great product.
UPDATE: http://arstechnica.com/telecom/news/...-4chan-ips.ars Ok, so perhaps everyone overreacted a bit, but it is understandable considering the tense net neutrality debate in the USA. AT&T was caught[B] censoring certain webpagesB] from it's broadband subscribers, specifically certain sections of the popular 4Chan.com. This is clearly *against all precedent* of internet neutrality, the free flow of information, and the right to freedom of speech. Although the actual...
I agree for the most part, but remember, this is APPLE. They would not release the device unless it is a pleasure to use. How they are going to accomplish that in a tablet form factor, I have no idea.