or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

First of all, this makes no sense whatsoever. Since not all apps make the same API calls or use identical functionality, nothing will "come out even" ever. Secondly, crashes in a beta can't always be blamed on the app developer, as the beta itself has bugs. As developer can be expected to test his software against an iOS release version, but no developer can test against the to be coming next beta or submit updates to the App Store that use the new SDK... None of that...
While I think Apple Pay (and somewhat similar systems like Google's when ignoring their disrespect for privacy) are the better solution, it remains to be seen how many hurdles and nonsense banks and payment providers will put up in each country. Pretty much every decent payment idea in Germany has been virtually destroyed by only ever covering a small fraction of the market, while competitors and their alliances provided systems that are nothing but copies (or worse) with...
Let's see. They have outsold the entire 2014 global smartwatch sales at least 2-3 times in the US alone in three months at an ASP being 3-4 times higher. The answer is clear. This is bad.
It is, IMHO, not just about a decision between an iPod Touch and an iPhone. I definitely consider one as a second device. A music player I can leave in the car, a device I can take to the beach, a device I can use on e.g. trips to countries where I can't get a usable SIM-card as a tourist or business visitor anyhow (like the US), a device I can leave on my Zeppelin speaker, without worrying about visitors seeing my notifications etc. Yep, that is a luxury option, but one...
 Well, Apple has advised shareholders and analysts, before the Apple Watch even went on sale, that they will not report numbers for it. This makes perfect sense for a new product category, and especially one where not a single relevant company on earth is reporting numbers. Buyers do not need these numbers, for shareholders they are are rather irrelevant (compared to the iPhone they are nothing, I can guarantee that without having a single number myself) and they are only...
Fully agree on the holiday season being the real test. And rolling it out in April (I have no idea if this was indeed an internal delay or not) might even be a good thing in the long run. By fall we will have watchOS 2, which will sort out a few things and should bring much more interesting apps. This also gives them time to study the market as far as bands, colors etc. are concerned. This is important as watches are not products people will (intend to) buy every two...
Dear Customer, Unfortunately we have misplaced our own copy of your Apple Watch receipt. In order to guarantee no problems in case of future warranty issues, we kindly request you to email your copy back to tim.cook@appleslice.com. Best,Tim
"Without insight into Apple's watch production capabilities, however, stock on hand is a poor indicator of actual sales performance." True, but I guess it is safe to assume that Apple would not actually reduce production before the product has been rolled out to all countries and there is some stuff in the channel; both not being the case? Most 42 mm models still ship within 5 - 7 days (except for black steel and gold ones, which need a bit longer) and our local Apple...
 Well, FWIW, iOS 9 Beta is certainly less "beta" than iTunes 12.2, which is a full release version... People are rightfully confused.
That is very unlikely to be the case. There are certainly licensing issues here, at least for some of the content available for streaming now. Home Sharing allows for some constellations which are not 100% in line with Apple Music's terms and conditions. What they must be blamed for is, not for the first time, piss-poor communication. Just as with iMovie, Final Cut X and iWorks before, 99% of the people being miffed now would have totally accepted that and kept their old...