or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

The problem here is that this is yesterday's technology. Again BB is running to where the ball was ten minutes ago...   Monolithic MDM solutions were the first step to manage the need to deploy, secure and maintain mobile devices in corporations. Every company with more than a few hundred phones and/or regulatory requirements has done that. We have all seen the shortcomings, the overheads, the complexities. New solutions address a lot of that by eliminating the boundary...
 I don't see traditional watches going away, especially not the high end. People buy them as a statement of fashion and/or status, or because they admire the mechanical qualities. No smart watch will satisfy all of these needs and all different tastes. They won't replace the cheapest end either. Most of the approx. 1 billion watches sold annually are clearly below $100, most of them even below $50. The category is new and many questions are unanswered. Most fitness...
 It has a diameter of 46 mm, which is pretty much a regular size for men's chronographs and sport watches. Not oversized in general, but certainly too much for the dwarf in that picture.
Not for me (as notifications, world time, alarm etc. are my most used features), but a decent design and likely a good fit for those whose activities include swimming and diving, something the Apple Watch is admittedly useless at (even putting it somewhere safe when jumping into a pool or ocean is a chore). And if it does work as advertised, the price is ok, too.
Wow, the silence here is deafening...   I don't get it either. Last year they had such a great and diverse lineup, and this year, just when you would expect them to put a shining light on their lukewarm new service, they have this? Weepers, whiners, a geriatric boygroup, a hat stand with a Mickey Mouse voice, and a a distinctly un-funky Jamiroquai impersonator with bad hair day... Not impressed. Not even for free.
Since comscore measures mobile subscribers and not sales, this is nearly impossible to answer. It could just mean that more old Android devices than iPhones got retired... Interpreting that without considering other (sales) stats can be misleading.
To be honest, while Breitling makes some extremely nice watches, I would say that some of their yacht-owner targeting Rolex-lookalikes are not less cheesy than that Huawei accident. And when it comes to showing the exact time and features, pretty much all smart watches beat every mechanical watch with ease. I own 7 mechanical watches, three of them above $10k... Since my Apple Watch arrived, I have not worn a single one of them.
If they would have invited journalists from a different industry, like cars or content production, I assume we would have heard by now. Either they really do extensive remodeling, or they want to keep the venue open for some days after the event. A showroom for new products, free screenings of the new Jobs movie, whatever...
If the iPad Pro does include all the rumored features, and iOS 9.1 brings some significant changes to differentiate the iPad even more from the iPhone... Throw in a 4K iMac, new displays and some notebook / Skylake updates... Should be enough for an on campus event? (We had less, like HiFi and leather sleeves.) Of course, they may also pre announce the iPad Pro now to initiate developer support and then only do a press release later on. Both is fine with me, I just want my...
Well, I assume the sport bands are the best selling, so I get their priority. As I am not into plastic, I would like some love for the leather options as well, The loop could use some flashier options (current colors are pretty subdued), and black as the only classic option isn't really cutting it either. I love the classic buckle, it is IMO the best band besides the link bracelet. If it were available in brown, blue, green... I would buy all of them.