or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

Well, the good news is that, scanning news from all over Europe, there are tons of banks very openly announcing interest in Apple Pay. I fully expect this to travel the world much faster than anything that is dependent on approvals by music and film companies.
Hm, has anybody pointed out the little surprise on the back panel... I can't remember they've mentioned it was 'Assembled in the USA'?
Not trying to cook up a conspiracy theory, but there is a lot more fishy here. All these 'analysts' hyping the stock, making 'factual' statements about Apple using their products despite zero logic (using sapphire displays, Apple might have had 1 million devices at $1200 and up for the first weekend, not 10 million at their current price)... I would not be concerned if they would have done the usual thing, that's crying doom whatever Apple does. But hyping something...
I sure did. I have submitted almost 150 bug reports since DP1, almost 30 of them for iTunes 12. While most 10.10 issues have cleared up, I do not see any real progress with iTunes, performance wise it keeps getting worse with every update. ITunes 11 killed WiFI syncing reliability, their target for 12 seems to be to make its complete slouch in every regard. Whoever is still on iTunes 10.x should really think twice before upgrading, it was the last good version.
 My setup mainly consists of a Mini Server in the closet with a Pegasus ThunderBolt RAID 6 keeping the iTunes library (plus my main Aperture library). So yes, I access a Shared Library constantly, and no, the newest beta does still not show playlists from it (also does not show playlists from attached iDevices). But, just for clarity, as far as my performance related comments are concerned, I did try hooking up the RAID to my testing Retina MBP directly (with Spotlight...
If there is one thing Schmidt learned in North Korea, it is believing your own damn lies. They might have a vacancy soon.
The look is nice, yes. Unfortunately that is where it ends. Extensive album, movie etc. lists scroll like molasses, constantly reloading artwork while displaying a SPOD (and no, that's not because of the beta state, it did work in beta 1 and got worse with every improvement). The handy sidebar view is gone. WiFi Sync still unreliable. Newest 'feature' in beta 3 is no more grouping of TV Show seasons.. series with 10 and more seasons now show as a list of 100 and more...
Was dead set on getting the smaller one, but wasn't really sure. So I did not preorder and decided to go to an Apple Store yesterday morning. While the 6+ did scare me a little at first, I think I can cope with the size. What won me over is how much better the screen size is for my aging eyes. Since iOS 7 I needed glasses to read some things on my 5s (or had to set a font size that left even less on the screen). With the 6+ I do not need glasses and can have a proper...
This might just be a licensing issue. Content licenses are normally not transferrable, means Apple would have to renegotiate streaming licenses (radio licenses do not normally cover a la carte services). Making curation and the subscription service part of iTunes makes sense, as iTunes is a global brand and Beats Music virtually unknown outside the US.
Understand why you say that, but there are some things they do have for apps (update mechanism, kill switch if needed, developer certificate revocation if needed, a review process) that do make some sense for internet connected keyboards IMHO. I assume something as simple as a possibility to hide app icons from the Springboard (as you can do on the Apple TV) would be acceptable for most.