or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

Good question. With the failed hardware business and pointless OS no longer being contributing factors to a black number and most hardware development being outsourced (easy to cut off)... Chances for somebody wanting access to regulated businesses / governments might be better now. Only fools where expecting this "turnaround" to bring BB back to the old glory days. Apple is the only electronics maker that ever had a comeback, and that was a "once in a lifetime" story. But...
While I will definitely get an Apple Watch as soon as possible, somehow I am not truly interested in third party apps for it. Watch, weather, notifications and reminders are there, as is remote functionality for the Music app on the iPhone and the Apple TV. Don't think I even want more on the watch (except for maybe Apple Pay, if it ever gets here). Maybe, if well implemented, some apps that interface with home automation, and that's about it. If anything, I would like to...
Not a big fan of comparing raw numbers across different processor families, but even that is not the issue here. This is not a machine anybody would buy for performance. The original MacBook Air did cost twice as much, had the slowest processor available at that time and (in its basic configuration) the slowest 1,8" drive that was otherwise only used in iPods. It still found a lot of buyers. This machine is only $100 more than a current 11" Air with identical RAM and...
Whenever the usual brouhaha over a new Apple product starts, it requires a swift response... "When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." Jonathan Swift
 Get the point, but to be fair... I also see tons of Apple devices in movies and TV shows.
Careful with the axe Eugene... at least they have proven that the Surface CAN be used for something. For MS that is quite a leap, and I see a huge aftermarket kickstand business in their future.
 Pretty much everybody with $200 to spare for a fitness tracker would have a smartphone with GPS already... How long will this device last once you turn GPS on (somewhere it was said that it merely has 2x 100 mAh batteries, which, even with modern GPS chipsets, would give it something less than 3 hours)? This is OK if you only wear it for a run, but if you want something to wear all day, this is not it.
 Why? Apple's HealthKit approach is what everybody is copying (as far as infrastructure goes), and Cook would not have publicly worn FitBit and Nike stuff, if they were to go for utilitarian devices like this one and many others on the hardware side. The Apple Watch is a completely different type of device, not a late one. Just like the iPod was an affordable luxury version of MP3 players at that time and succeeded despite a much higher price point and being late to the...
Well, the good news is that, scanning news from all over Europe, there are tons of banks very openly announcing interest in Apple Pay. I fully expect this to travel the world much faster than anything that is dependent on approvals by music and film companies.
Hm, has anybody pointed out the little surprise on the back panel... I can't remember they've mentioned it was 'Assembled in the USA'?