or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

Not sure the 17" MBP was about early adopters. It existed for many years and had a purpose (additional screen real estate needed for some tasks). I had every 17" PowerBook and MBP because of that. With the arrival of the 15" rMBP in 2012 most of the need for the 17" model just vanished for many people. I know several people who went down that road, and nobody wants the bigger device back. So, maybe Apple just killed it for good (for most)? I do not think that the 17"...
 Classical confusion of cause and effect. Analog watches (at least the majority) are round, because a hand describes a circle and most complications are most easily implemented above the (also roundish) clockwork. Pretty much all major manufacturers also had square and rectangle shaped luxury watches, mostly in combination with complications (like power reserve gauges, moon phase, second dial etc.) which just made more sense outside of the main dial's surface (e.g. to...
 Well, it is most likely the best selling watch in human history already (unless some communist state gave some millions away for free). That is certainly "viable". It is still not shipping immediately anywhere, and it has not even reached all countries. That is certainly "viable". Considering the amount of Apple Watches sold, the amount of people buying expensive accessories like bands (I have 5 bands by now which is maybe excessive, but everybody I know bought at least...
 Well, of course you want whatever you want, but it should be pretty clear that Apple is not even going in this direction. They use terminology like "timepiece" and "complications" for a reason, they aim for the modern version of analog luxury watches. This is also pretty clear from e.g. their selection of bands, which are all variations (in some cases advancements) of such watches. Nobody with any interest in these considers anything Suunto or Garmin are making "elite" or...
When the Apple Watch was still a rumor, I was not interested at all. This changed immediately when they showed it off the first time. I love the design. It works flawlessly, battery life is plenty sufficient (including some buffer to allow for the degradation of the battery over time) and it really looks thicker in pictures than it really is. Unless you compare it to some super-flat hand-wound analog watch, the thickness is completely normal.   I do not really miss any...
That is by far the dumbest thing I have read in months. For all matters, an iTunes Library is not an iTunes Library. It does make a huge difference, if you only have tracks bought from iTunes (these seem to be untouched by the update), or also tracks you have ripped yourself, or bought elsewhere. 12.2 almost exclusively ruins metadata, tracks, albums and playlists including non-iTunes stuff, or iTunes stuff where metadata has been edited (e.g. to put in correct years or...
Well, just to be clear. Until today I had a perfectly organized iTunes Library. All metadata, covers, etc. 100% in order. Below a picture of 12.2's greatness (be warned, approx. 80% of my over 4000 albums are messed up like this now): 
A "collusion"in the scope of competition would mean people on the same side of the fence (e.g. the music industry in this case) agreeing on something that is detrimental to those on the other side, e.g. the music buyers. An agreement between e.g. Universal on one and Apple on the other side would be called an agreement. As there is no raise in prices, no shift in market power, no monopoly anywhere and not even a hint at Apple discussing this with all labels at once... I...
Good question. With the failed hardware business and pointless OS no longer being contributing factors to a black number and most hardware development being outsourced (easy to cut off)... Chances for somebody wanting access to regulated businesses / governments might be better now. Only fools where expecting this "turnaround" to bring BB back to the old glory days. Apple is the only electronics maker that ever had a comeback, and that was a "once in a lifetime" story. But...
While I will definitely get an Apple Watch as soon as possible, somehow I am not truly interested in third party apps for it. Watch, weather, notifications and reminders are there, as is remote functionality for the Music app on the iPhone and the Apple TV. Don't think I even want more on the watch (except for maybe Apple Pay, if it ever gets here). Maybe, if well implemented, some apps that interface with home automation, and that's about it. If anything, I would like to...