or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

At least the bigger model can somewhat pretend to be a compromised laptop of sorts. A smaller Surface, without a reasonable selection of touchable apps, no good support for legacy Windows apps and only limited means to add a remotely usable keyboard... is no product at all, only a next-of-Kin.
Initial 3 months paid are up and the app brings up a respective alert. Going to subscriptions inside the app, none of the three subscription options react to anything (no errors either, just nothing). Any ideas?
 No idea who, but it will likely be a cover band 
Geez, "El Capitan" for OS X and water for iOS 8... Tomorrow Munster will tell us that Apple's new hardware will be yachts, and Kuo will make a case for budget yachts to cater to developing markets.
The ongoing trend is the devaluation of content, shifting the value to dumb pipes and infrastructure. Amazon is making ample profits, the fact that they reinvest almost everything into data and fulfillment centers should not really fool anybody. Where is that competitor that could just replicate everything Amazon has? it does not exist, except for Alibaba in Asia. They have a lead that will be almost insurmountable for decades. In conventional / legacy economics such...
 Art is the result from a society, it's rarely ever forming societies. People did not only start shooting Indians after seeing a Western, there were mass murderers before film was even invented, there was child abuse before the first picture was taken and women have been exploited and suppressed since the beginning of time. Rap / HipHop is commentary, the origins of it (think Gil Scott-Heron or Linton Kwesi Johnson) earned world-wide recognition and respect. Are there...
 I would argue that Schmidt is quite a con artist, but I won't. Apple needs nobody to create something like Spotify, the technology is not a problem (actually getting a curated service like iTunes Radio right might be more challenging than an a la carte one) and licenses can be negotiated. The comparison with Google does not work, as Google does everything, sees what sticks, and kills it if not. With the exception of Ping this is really not what Apple does. They want to...
 FWIW (and I hate their headphones as much as the next guy), they will certainly not be hired as designers. If there is one thing I am 100% sure of, it's this. Both, Jobs and Cook, have always talked about Apple sitting at the intersection of technology and liberal arts. And while they are no way doomed, and the winner in e.g. the race for streaming services has not been found (while they are growing fast, they are still at a very low level)... it is quite obvious that...
 This is a terrible example. Apple is first to roll out a technology that fully makes smartphone content available in the car without any ugly and unreliable workarounds like Ford Sync. CarPlay does not "require deep integration into the automation and control systems" at all. It is the car's OS that is fully in control and just provides access to the display, touch sensors and (if available) a few hardware buttons. CarPlay does not replace any software in the car, it is...
Can only speak for myself... My interest in wearables cooled off before it even existed. Unless Apple comes out with something I can't even imagine right now, I might pass. But in case they really release those aluminum nipple chains with heart rate monitoring, I will buy the feature film length movie of Ive explaining their design.