or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

Why would the consumer electronics journalists and private iPhone users care about that? This is about corporate IT. I have seen more than one big company where the networking / infrastructure people were the biggest opponents of BYOD and/or non-Windows platforms. Having CISCO on board can make a huge difference here.
Whatever. Unless it is "Dre performs his new album front to back" and "Iovine reads Nietzsche"... I might be fine :-)
No clue, but even for the iPhone 7,000 journalists sounds extremely rich. If this rumor has merit (and so far I only think it has some, because who else would rent a place this big at this time), there must be something else?
 While these are terrible, they won't make anybody think "wow, Google really has no taste". It is pretty obvious that the moron wearing the watch made that choice. And you can bet that the person wearing the watch will be greater damage to the image of the product than the image on the product. Trying to control that is a fool's errand. (I do understand that Apple has different priorities, and I do not really need tons of watch faces myself, but of course there are always...
I do not use Siri at all (except when somebody asks if 'this has Siri'), just the dictation feature once in a while. Speech recognition in German and English works fine, can't say much more. We all know that it e.g. does not have all the features Google Now offers, but many of those are not there because of 'philosophical' differences when it comes to handling private data. As I won't give Google (or Slack) any of my data, that is cleared.   What irks me about...
Did iHome say anything about international models being planned? Could certainly use a few of these...
 Fully agree, but have no idea myself on how that could happen without force. Even sites as big as iMore can't possibly manage ads themselves and lock the true culprits like Google out. I have been involved in the programming of software for airport ad displays and have some idea on the requirements of the advertising agencies... the record keeping and documentation requirements are enormous and that does not even include the acquisition part. Starting that from scratch,...
 Not sure it is that flawed. People annoyed enough by ads to proactively stop them are very unlikely to have previously been lucrative targets?! Only paying for targeted ads reaching people willing to look at them should be a better value...
 The main problem investors had with Google (since quite some time and growing) is that they are still a one trick pony, and that what they waste their profits on is totally opaque. Today's strategic move includes the hidden promise that they plan on having additional profit-creating businesses. This is, for now, an empty promise, but it buys them time (e.g. shuts down activist investors, or at least makes it harder for them to stir up whatever). If anything, they have...
Astonished about the many remarks thinking Apple could have any interest in own search. I don't see it. The only way to capitalize on search is targeted ads, ideally including the give-away of detailed (not necessarily identifiable) user information. This does not line up with Apple's interests at all. And it does not line up with their M&A activity. They have not bought a single company they rely on for POI data, only companies working on very specific things. They want...