or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

:-) It certainly becomes a bad thing once you fail to attract new customers, or cause existing ones to come back for more. I have been buying and selling off mechanical watches for most of my life, but it just became too expensive since resale prices imploded. (And I still think "timeless" is a terrible property for a watch...)
 I was not minimizing anything (just the opposite, between my GF and myself we have 4 Apple Watches ourselves), just stated some other factors, all of which are real.
Careera? Nice typo. While smart watches do certainly have an impact, especially in the huge $300 - $2,000 segment, there is also some kind of perfect storm happening here. Slowing economies, unfavorable exchange rates for the Swiss Franc, and a continued design vacuum for expensive products. Even the more recent well designed luxury watches are now 10 to 20 year old designs, the big money is still in models that haven't changed a lot in my lifetime. And most of the newer...
What does that last illustration show? A guy with a 1980s haircut (or a contemporary soccer player) taking a selfie while having a piss? Not sure this is a huge market... :-)
Even if this were true, it would not represent any change. These are exactly the same entry points which all MS iOS and Android apps (Office, Outlook etc.) use right now. Giving developers a way to integrate that functionality into own apps does not change the protection of the data at all.
 Yes and no. It is great that it is small and travel friendly. It is great that it supports both orientations for most Watches. It is not so great that you can't place a Watch with a Milanaise band or link bracelet in flat mode.  While that may not be the US price, and considering what they charge for the cable alone, it might not even be that bad. What really annoyed me a bit was the pricing for the new plastic smart covers and smart cases for the iPad... Buying both for...
That is correct. The true concern is not the market dominating position of Amazon itself either, it is Amazon's policy to dictate the selling prices. Publishers have no mean to set prices for their products, as Audbile owns the market, and Apple as the next biggest reseller only deals with Audible.What they don't say is if anybody else has ever approached Apple and was rejected. I have heard nothing like that. And unless this is the case, there is no foul play involved.
While I widely prefer Apple's approach, and think MS's combination of a bad laptop and a bad tablet paired with a Franken-OS that combines 25 years of Windows GUIs (each of them tasteless) with a defunct touch-GUI (equally tasteless) with no quality apps is nonsensical, I have to admit that there are issues Apple has not answered yet.   The "truck" metaphor is mainly right, but not completely. It is not just about specific expert tasks that still belong on a desktop or...
 Not sure it will be enlightening, but some points (and just to say it again, I agree on the "right things", just not "the right way")...  No need to lecture people on Apple's values. Companies are not expected to have values, everybody knows they, at large, have none without the prefix "shareholder". Clear statements could have been "we do not tolerate any kind of discrimination", "we do not instruct our staff to perform racial profiling"etc. Pointing to nebulous "values"...
While I fully agree with what Cook is saying, and believe he is serious about it,.. This corporate political correct buzzword sermon is painful. Some clear words would be better.