or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

A fingerprint scanning solution that requires two hands, a pretty exact motion and still fails more often than not will not be used after day one. Can't get more secure than that.
Just answered your own question, I guess.
 True. But on the positive site: Apple only needs to release one single landmark product under Cook to invalidate all this nonsense (and force these guys to innovate a new working doomsday scenario, which, given their average level of intelligence, most won't achieve in their lifetime). So far, they released a lot of very solid stuff under him, but certainly no true game changer.
 Well, keep in mind that these are basically invitation-only events. Only 10 people who pre-registered on the website were invited to pick up iPhones (as reported by the NYT), all the others will receive them via courier. As there was no business to be made for scalpers and nobody could really buy something on the spot... "fairly crowded" does sound quite OK.
 At least they got the first syllable right...
 While this is true, it is decidedly un-Apple. For years they have resisted to clutter computers with trial- and junk ware, but everybody connecting a brand new Apple TV outside the US faces a screen flooded with inaccessible content. Clunky MS-like workarounds are not a good solution. This is not a disaster, but inconvenient. For people having only the Apple Remote (no iOS device) managing anything on the Apple TV is troublesome enough.
It's not about technology, it's about protecting the own business. Guys with Blackberries don't get the girl and don't need the blue pill. Horizontals and verticals together at last.
The iPad version is terrible and clearly shows why having text as buttons is a fishy concept. Once you connect to a library Remote only shows Music, no option to change to movies or TV shows, not even under "More...". You have to tap the text label saying "Music in ..." to show these options or change the library or device. Design is now about how it does not work.
 Not sure I got the point (sorry!)... There is nothing wrong with the current IPS hi-dpi panels available on the market (e.g. the ones used in the Nexus 7 or the new Amazon "HDX" model - presumably, of course: I have not seen one yet). They are not (AM)OLED or pentile crap, they are really much more than "good enough". I have only seen one IGZO panel in my life, which is installed in the Asus PQ321 4k display... and for the naked eye, it has nothing that would put it ahead...
 Apple might release a bigger iPhone once they find the components they are happy with, I don't think they can avoid it. And Cook pretty much said so. But it will not be in "phablet" territory, maybe something between 4.5 and 5 Inches. But a phablet? One of these Samsung atrocities? Never. (I would not rule out putting telephony capabilities into a larger tablet, IF there is a reasonable mean to make use of it without holding that pizza box to your ear.)