or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

A prepaid contract is an oxymoron. Prepaid customers do avoid contracts.
Well, actually it did win one of the most prestiguos industrial design awards, the iF product design award 2008. Interestingly though: the award explanation mainly talks about the keyboard?!I do agree with you, breaking the strict two-colour design of the white model and replacing it with this consumer TV design with non-matching keycaps, mouse and cable colours, that obscene black Apple logo and that cheap plastic back is only different, but certainly not better. Still,...
What do I miss here? You do not need the beta nor the certificate to develop applications - all you need is the SDK which is freely available. A venture capital company like KPCB will require a concept, a business plan etc. but certainly no running application (and even IF they require a demonstration of any kind, you can bring your laptop with the SDK installed and show everything using the simulator). Do we have "find the catch" season?It took hackers less than three...
No, I am in the dimension in which Firefox is already one of the slowest browsers on any platform - and Safari the fastest on the two platforms it covers, Firefox (and the rest of the Mozilla gang) do not even render CSS in form elements correctly - so it does not show me pages as they have been designed. So, I have no need for it - not on OS X, not on iPhone OS and not on Windows. Anyhow - Apple does not disallow browsers in the terms - if they compile Firefox in a way...
Well, the way I understood the keynote only Apple will add the required signature to the code after it has been submitted to the App Store and the iPhone OS 2.0 will only run properly signed applications. So, IMHO, no - they cannot.
Now that Apple has made a software development kit available that allows each and everbody to write applications for the device (and make profit if they are any good) - there are no other questions than how to get competing development platforms, freeware browsers that do not work well on mobile devices (not even Android is using Firefox) and potentially harmful or resource eating background apps on the phone? Apple, do us all a favour - do not refuse to comment. Tell...
Well, a lot of Web designers use OS X, and the prospect of cutting development time with complex layouts by 50% (if it really does support standards this time) will allow many to meet the own family again.
If you check the Penryn specs (http://www.intel.com/products/proces...e2duo+tab_spec) you will see that they would have to put a 2.5 GHz CPU in to offer more than 3 MB L2 cache - this would have brought the MB's price too close to the MBP, at least for the time being. They will likely have another spec change around late summer and things might be better then - the production of Penryn CPUs is still limited and prices will come down in a while.
The LED feature has been discussed ad nauseam when the last line of MBPs was released and is standard in all 15" models and the MBA. Anything that is standard will not be listed on a receipt. Nothing has changed about the 15" displays, the only news here is that one can optionally order the high resolution display with LED backlight for the 17" model. So, nothing to worry about.
The LED displays are gorgeous - instant on, no colour-shifts during warm-up, wider gamut, no need to re-calibrate every other week, longer life-time... and less power consumption and less dangerous materials used as a bonus. Nothing not to like about them as far as I can see.You may check Rob Galbraith - http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/con...id=7-8741-9027 if I am not creative enough Have not seen a MBA in person yet - so I cannot compare, definitely no problems with my...