or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

Hmm, in the article it says: "Apple also said that iTunes customers are now renting and purchasing over 50,000 movies every day, or a yearly run rate of over 18 million, making iTunes the world's most popular online movie store as well." If this is the most popular online store in the world already - where would the studios turn to?
I was not referring to the number of buttons - this can be customized in both browsers. The Safari toolbar/bookmark bar/tab-section is flat looking and free of any colours - FF has the eye-catching enlarged back-button, icons on the tabs, one icon in front of the URL, the star in the location bar and another icon on the search field. In addition there is a stronger 3D effect (not extreme, but it is clearly more dimensional than in Safari). These things combined cause the...
Actually I did not ask anything. I do Web development and I strongly prefer Safari's Web Inspector. They have quite some overlap in functionality, but for me Web Inspector is more responsive and I absolutely learned to depend on the graphical metrics view when debugging nested divs - it has saved me hours if not days of time. Both are great tools.Both browsers have that option - just Safari packages the entire page and all graphics, scripts, styles etc. in one archive file...
There are more hits than misses, but the misses (and Safari's Web inspector and "save as web archive" features) will keep me with Safari. Form rendition and speed are greatly improved, the interface is more Mac-like, at least somewhat. It is less cluttered than before, but it still draws more attention to itself and away from the Web pages than Safari. Would be nice if you could drag tabs to a new window, I use this a lot in Safari. The location bar is ugly and...
I would say with Internet access there is almost no difference at all. With files on the local machine or on the local network (gig ethernet) you can clearly see that Safari is handling complex JavaScript a bit faster.
No offense, but something must be wrong with your installation... I did not have a single Safari crash for at least three years and it is running at least 14 hours a day. Still, a re-open last session option would be great - it can be added using the Stand plug-in though and works pretty well.
After the release of the first iPhone and the iMac a herd of design experts of mostly unknown origin explained to us in great depth how these design decisions guide us to future designs and how well thought out and unified the design approach is, especially predicting a move of the MacBook to aluminum shells and possibly a glass plate and black bezel on the MBP (hopefully not, but that is a different story). Now that plastic and even white is back, these sources are...
Looking at the panoramic shot, it seems some pedestrians and even vehicles are already affected by RDF, scary
My actual opinion only requires a minor modification to the headline: Ballmer, YOU can buy Vista and downgrade to XP for free What a week for the world's only real chairman - first Mossberg discovers the Dock in Windows 7 (lady: "this is something we are copying on, cannot talk about it") and mentions the iPhone a hundred times while Ballmer's Valkyrie demonstrates a million ways to get finger grease on a vertical touch screen (to do such important things as playing...
Same here. I was ready to buy some more today and benefit from the usual post-conference-call-plummeting... this is highly irritating.