or Connect

Posts by dreyfus2

Unless I missed something completely... The reason for the deferred accounting was "free software updates" (as with the Apple TV), not the revenue sharing model. I have not heard SJ mention the end of free software updates. Did they guess deferred accounting is discontinued - or do they know something that has not been previously posted (or have I been hibernating)? During the last conference call they have only mentioned that they will account for the models being sold...
Well, if that is going to happen at all, I just hope it is a bit better than the logic behind the MiniStore panel. The last time I was listening to "Pharao's Dance" (by Miles Davis) it recommended "Walk like an Egyptian" by the Bangles... would make an interesting mixed tape for sure
Well, whatever it will be - I just hope it will be important enough to justify a special event press invitation. They got some deserved beating after the HiFi/Leather Sleeves/Mini event at that time and so far this sounds even worse. I really hope for a big surprise. While iPods do still sell well and holiday sales might even be a little bit higher than last year... they have already shifted out of the public focus - they are yesterday's news. Unless Apple really...
As much as I appreciate new iPods (not really interested, as I do not need an iPhone and an iPod) ... but we are 9 months into the year and really no substantial Mac news except for the MBA (and gestures on the MBP, if that can be considered substantial) so far. Any Mac developments would be highly desirable - no matter if a 30" iMac, the famous midi desktop, a tablet or at least a laptop makeover. Of course, the MP3 player business is calming down and this might be the...
Now, that's bullish
http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/ (Status indicator contains forward looking statements and may be nuts )
It does not work anywhere - it has been deactivated some days ago. I know it might be good once it works, but so far I really miss the old Webmail interface. It was more responsive, had better keyboard shortcuts, direct links for emptying trash and junk and mass move/deletion worked more reliably). I cannot remotely believe that this thing was tested before release.
While I had no MobileMe problems myself (except for the buggy Web interface, which is still not 100% reliable), I do not really think the glitches themselves are the worst part of the story here; they simply do happen. What alerts me is Apple's now proven inability to handle the matter professionally and transparently. If they intend to attract more businesses with 10.6, they should prove that they are a professional provider and maintain good communication with clients,...
Actually these prices in Belgium are excellent - they will have to close the borders to protect citizens with claustrophobia. The measly Nokia 8800 (designer-phone which cannot do nothing and runs out of spunk after 35 minutes talk-time) costed me 1080 EUR when it came out, the Nokia N95 with 8GB was 750 EUR when it was released, I paid 970 EUR for the SE P910i when it was new etc. Compared to that the iPhone in Belgium is a bargain. If you look further - prepaid 3G...
Well, this is not correct. Orange Austria (ONE) will also carry the iPhone in Austria, info here: http://www.one.at/iphone