or Connect

Posts by tasslehawf

Apple has officially lost their ability to control their product launches (already clear from the iPhone 5). Time to tighten up security (again).
I'm really surprised CR did jump on the bandwagon and make the iphone 5 'not recommended' over the maps thing.
Looks like they just want credit. That seems fair.
  This can't bode well for Microsoft and WP7.
DualHead2Go is still the best thing out there. I wonder when, if ever, we'll get a Thunderbolt multi-monitor solulion..?
I think that's exactly what they're going for. Simple apps. Though I'm not sure why they'd want to do this after the whole spat of 'native is superior to crappy compile flash apps'. It's kindof hurtful too, as a developer. But I could see how the frameworks that Apple has gone through the trouble of creating (i.e. table views, nav controller, tab bar, etc.) could be lightly modified to compile out a full application with no coding at all. Sortof where IB is almost already.
I was thinking that this was the case. Wow. Sucks to be in marketing at Microsoft and being forced off of the Mac platform. They will probably loose at lot of any remaining creative talent they still have.
Tho nobody is actually talking about the article, this how I got my job. I was a unemployed industrial designer until I became an app developer in 2010.
If Google would overhaul their app store and make it work more like Apple's, then Android app development could be profitable.Right now there's just no money in it. You just don't make back your development cost.Even if every dumb phone user switched to Androind, that wouldn't change the fact that all of the mobile app revenue would still be in the iOS space. Google needs to take simple steps to make app sales better for developer. The ball is in Google's court.
1) I think we all know this will get pulled as soon as it gets a lot of interest online. 2) As crappy as cabled tethering is, it would have been nice over T-day when my sister-in-laws DSL was out. 3) There are still a lot of people that have kept their unlimited data plans.