or Connect

Posts by tasslehawf

This is an intentional leak. It's probably a design they decided not to go with. When has a prototype even been "lost"? They've been stolen from Macworld displays.
Thanks for the advice, actually. I picked myself up a first generation unibody. It was the high-end model (2.53) so it has the 512mb discreet card and it's more powerful than my Dell. For $1300, which is very good. I think this will hold me over until long after the arrandales come out and I can buy when when they get all the bugs worked out.
Because of the nVidia/Intel lawsuit, they can't release a new version of the graphics setup on the current unibodys. But everyone knows that. Whatever they do release, it will be on the cutting-edge of graphics switching/battery saving technology - just doubtful that the graphics processors will be cutting-edge. Apple can't just update the current line to the arrandale intel IGP/Discreet graphics setup because it would be a downgrade for the non-discreet macbooks/pros....
Our Mac Pro (dual Xeon 2.6) that we bought in 2006 refurbished is still the fastest machine we own.
I'm looking and I'm seeing year-old unibody machines for ~$1500. I don't trust used Intel Macs like I did with the ppc models. I'm not sure if saving myself $500 is worth losing the peace of mind that comes with a new (or factory refurbished) Mac. I've considered a non-unibody machine. I just don't want anything less than what I have now (2.2 C2D 8600GT Dell) because I still have PC software I have to be able to run. I'm also concerned about the 8600gt failure rate. I have...
Well they're gaining me. I haven't owned a new Mac since my 2001 Ibook. If Apple doesn't introduce a new machine by Tuesday, then I'm buying a 2.8 Mbp. Can't wait any longer. I need a Mac regardless. Its better than what I have now. I kicked myself though. My dad offered me his 8600 gt mbp back in November for cheap and I thought new mbp's would be out sooner so he sold it to someone else.
If there are no updates by the 16th, I'm buying a current generation MBP.
Luckily, I don't think there are too many professional photographers editing photos on their phones. I don't see why any of this really matters.
I suggest you find a used Dell Ultrasharp 2405fpw. The older Dell screens have the nicer IPS lcds and by benefit of being old are cheaper - maybe $200-300.
Z*z**