or Connect

Posts by bill42

I am glad to see I am not the only one. Last year I moved all my stocks to AAPL against the advice of every expert on the planet. granted I know they are 100% correct that it is stupid to put your eggs in one basket, and I don't plan on keeping it all in AAPL for long because they have a point. On the other hand in all likelihood AAPL won't crash any harder than any other stock in the near future, and I have other investments like a house, a wife, kids, a motorcycle,...
The use synthetic sapphire crystal for the lens, just like any high end watch. It is man made but yes it is still technically sapphire.
Slow day, AppleInsider?
I usually love AppleInsider articles but this one smells bad, especially after reading the comments from Android users explaining that their maps have been vector for a few years now. I hope AppleInsider corrects their errors.
You are missing nothing. I tried Chrome to see what the fuss was about but all it offers is the same internet you are familiar with except for an ugly no frills interface. Stick with Safari as it will always be updated alongside your operating system so it will never be broken. I could understand using other browsers if Safari sucked, but safar is fast, syncs with all my devices, and matches my other iApps. It is one of the pleasures of using an apple system.
Totally true. Hardware profiling. Android users can't even comprehend the existence of my super hot wife.
Agreed. I don't need 3D drawn maps. Street view is all that matters, and turn-by-turn GPS would be a great way to compete with Android phones that have this feature without buying 3rd party GPS programs.
What concerns me is that I have the money and the desire to buy all of Apple's highest end products. However, people who are willing to pay a premium for a TV aren't going to settle for a 50 inch or smaller. If I am going to buy a new HDTV it is going to be at least 60 and probably 65 inches. My old 50 inch is just too small now that I have seen the 65 inch TVs that my friends have and Costco's has them for just $2500.   I have seen most rumors stating TV sizes...
Yes, the real color is closer to pure white than this. The camera has white balanced to the incandescent lighting in the room and the white screen is much cooler than the lightbulbs. I agree that it still should not look this blue anyway. It seems like the camera must have really exaggerated the cooler white point of the screen for some reason. I still have my Mac 128! It is a standard 3.5 inch floppy one though. I am waiting for it to be worth 100 grand too...
How about the AppleTV TV? Or, the "AppleTV with a Real TV Attached To It", or, ATVWARTVATI for short?