or Connect

Posts by Mike Fix

Steve dies, Apple missteps are growing in number.  It's sad watching this.
  What I like about the Surface Pro is that all my music production software and graphics apps will work on it.  NONE of them will work on an iPad.  I could care less about the bells and whistles and fancy streamers hanging off the handlebars of an iPad if it doesn't do what I need it to do.   The mistake Microsoft is making is trying to compete with Apple in the iOS space.  Forget that, leave it to Apple.  Microsoft needs to focus on the professional market.  The rest...
I do like Microsoft's incorporation of a PC based processor into their Surface which will run PC software and have usable USB ports.  In my business, this is a better and more useful direction for a tablet, showing that the iPad is really just for games and internet access and not work.  I see a place for both.
They would have shipped a bunch of Mac Pros if there were updated.
I didin't buy a new Mac because Apple hasn't released an updated Mac Pro! 
Would this then be the New New iPad?
For me personally, I would consider the Pro Surface over an iPad due to the USB ports and being able to run the audio/music software that I use (nothing even comparable available for iPad).  This would actually be a professional solution to my portable needs.  All speculation until the thing is available though.
Microsoft's "partners" are going to be so upset they're going to... keep using windows.
It still doesn't do enough for me though.  Maybe in a few more generations and add a proper USB ports.
USB!!  Thank you!  If my audio software will run on this and my USB audio devices work..  I'm sold.