or Connect

Posts by sandor

the FCC represents the US parlance on net neutrality. Much in the same way that US democracy does not fit the "true" definition, when ideals are enacted in a society, there is always give & take. "net Neutrality" and "Democracy" are pipe dreams, and the real-world adaptations of said ideals are what actually govern the people and corporations such as T-Mobile.
  Well, in term of the US & FCC, you are wrong konqerror - the FCC, in their final ruling, said the exact opposite of what you state. https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/04/13/2015-07841/protecting-and-promoting-the-open-internet "In this document, the Federal Communications Commission establishes rules to protect and promote the open Internet. Specifically, the Open Internet Order adopts bright-line rules that prohibit blocking, throttling, and paid...
The only thing i can say (and i have only been a T-Mobile customer for a couple of weeks) is that they seem to be freely adding music streaming services, not trying to exclude the smaller (or larger) players. In their minds, i believe they are trying to not have streaming music count against customers' data, but in reality it is an "opt in" type of thing, as T-Mobile needs to differentiate data streams to know which is music...blah blah blah.
i think it is just as much about this:"...should also allow retailers to hold on to customer data" Apple's continual stance to keep my data private is one of my largest motivating factors in using their ecosystem.
I am really at a loss as to what the argument is...   Does it differ from Amazon allowing other retailers/wholesalers to sell similar products, but being able to undercut their pricing due to instituted fee policies?
speed, in photographic terms when speaking of lenses, is simply the maximum opening size of the aperture.I would expect the faster lens (aka the bigger opening) to be more sensitive to aberrations in the front material.however, I very much agree that thickness (or lack there of) could very well be the reasoning behind the material choice.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Ben Franklin     I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. -Thomas Jefferson       liberty |ˈlibərtē| noun (pl. liberties) 1 the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views:...
Apple "dropped" Samba because the Samba team decided to adopt a more strict open source licensing which disallowed its use in commercial software. http://m.slashdot.org/story/149406 Apple was forced to drop Samba.
   hopefully 2 TB of internal storage comes prior to 2016. Our office has been stuck buying the 13" MacBook Pro since 2012 due to the lack of internal storage. In related news... a pair of OWC's 1 TB SSDs work beautifully as RAID boot drive in the 13"!  Our oldest has been running for almost 2 years with no issues & daily use.
My question is when will we gain (at least) 2 TB of internal storage on the MacBook Pro? I have purchased 4 13" (old model) MacBook Pros in the past 3 months for this very reason - not enough internal storage in the new ones.