or Connect

Posts by sandor

how much is comcast making?   enough to build a second skyscraper next to their current headquarters: http://www.philly.com/philly/business/New_Comcast_tower_cleared_for_takeoff.html   every day, all of philadelphia gets to see the big middle finger that is the comcast center. soon they will be providing my fair city the "double bird"
content producers finally recognizing IPTV* can be profitable & structuring their contracts with cable television companies to allow direct delivery to consumers.  * i know, not strict IPTV, but the promise (and ability) to have direct-to-consumer content providing has been around for sooooo long.
target allowed my credit card info to be stolenhome depot allowed my credit card info to be stolen no. not lazy. simply concerned about security.if the US had chip & PIN i would be less concerned. (i have a chip now, but it is pretty much useless without the PIN)
why 12"? 13" too big and 11" too small?? Body & colors aside, i don't understand the sizing at all. Oh, and maybe Apple should go back to the colors of the toilet seat iBooks. They were humble, minimalist and modest, right??
to each their own.but I would always vote for consistent behavior in an operating system.
and thus the reason the inconsistency is so annoying after 10 iterations of OS X
Notes creates documents in the same way Mail does...All can have multiple windows open at once.
The inconsistency of this behavior is what has always annoyed me.  Dictionary, Notes, Disk Utility, Calculator... these all quit when you close the last remaining window.Preview, Mail, Calendar, iTunes... these do not quit when you close the last remaining window.
Default Folder? It was always one of the first utilities i installed!
Interesting, i was using it all day yesterday in the clinic (ophthalmic photography) (27" iMac, late-2013) and didn't notice any fuzziness at all - i was actually quite happy with the quality of the GUI and text in those terms.  I am happy that the fluff and wasted space of the past few versions of OS X are gone/more limited.  I wonder if it is a GPU driver issue or something similar? I've got it installed on an external drive, so i might have to boot it up on some of our...