or Connect

Posts by sandor

Consider that ESPN adds over $6 per month per cable subscriber (so $72 a year) and EPSN only carries 18 or so games. $4/game NFL Season Ticket: $199 (basic package) 256 games - blacked out locals = 240 $0.83/game decent savings, no? Personally, i don't care about sports enough to get more than is available OTA (except for MotoGP, which already allows me to purchase the season) but for someone who loves the NFL, it is not too shabby.
it is going to depend on details. 10 years is nothing, considering Darwin Streaming Server (Quicktime Streaming Server) was available open source in 1999. RTSP is not new, and if Apple is basing their technology off of the older work they did, well, prior art.
Or, you can download the Univision app and watch all the games (and highlight reels) for free. If your internet connection can handle it, Airplay to your AppleTV & it will be in HD-ish. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/univision-deportes/id353665650?mt=8 gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaal! NBC/Univision are a godsend, as the only terrestrial broadcaster of the World Cup in its entirety in the US of A. The rest of the world enjoys broadcast TV coverage, we get Disney...
I am sure Apple had prototype ARM-based laptops much early than that. Remember, the Newton was ARM-based. In terms of R&D, i would think it imperative that Apple has a laundry list of devices running multiple configs simply to stay abreast of what is in the realm of market possibilities for the next 1, 3, 5 and 10+ years. 
 Long live Mode32 and dirty ROMs!
 endianness didn't cause anyone to thing PPC to Intel wasn't possible. rather, it was a deep dislike of Intel in reference to the mhz myth - RISC vs. CISC showed the large efficiency gains in the processor architecture that was 15 years newer, but Intel and Microsoft were able to squash the actual performances differences by marketing 1, 2 and 3 ghz processor speeds, ignoring the lack of performance gains and supporting the marketing fluff.   Furthermore, the real reason...
Now i just want to see the device i need - Allow me to track (actually loss-prevent) 2 dozen iPads in a busy waiting room. I need 25-30 meters of range, and an alarm to go off if it walks out the door towards the elevators. There are some great standard loss-prevention systems, but they would 1/2 as much as the iPads themselves, making the ROI quite long. The bluetooth devices are decent (we tried the Proximo & a couple others) but the range is a little too random, as...
Bear in mind it only produces 3-5 megawatts. To put that in perspective: Hoover dam hydro plant produces 2080 megawatts Niagara (at the falls) produces 4400 megawatts
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=protected+class
two words: "Protected Class"