or Connect

Posts by sandor

Comcast is still coax to the house in most areas i believe, including mine - but fiber to the node. where i am at is all DOCSIS 3, so they are selling 50/10 service. i have 20/5 for the $55 price.
Comcast, the largest cable provider in the US, allows internet w/o tv. actually, you need to get at least two of their three services - phone, internet and television. i have phone and internet for $55 a month. and an antenna on my roof for free HD tv.
not if google v. viacom is any indication. a guaranteed $500 million couldn't buy google/youtube the content it wanted. content owners are *very* wary of Apple at the moment, and have been since the inception of the iTunes Music Store.
h.264 is now getting professional blu ray encodes down to 15 mbps or so. so figure that would give you "blu ray quality" (as if that is some standard).1/2 that, about 7-8 mbps and you could have some really high quality streaming media. this sounds good to me, as i just switched from verizon's crappy 3 mbps dsl+ phone for $90 a month to comcast's 20 mbps cable + comcast phone (it was required) for $55 a month - and saved myself $35 per month in the process!! (not an ad, it...
you can simply hold the nano "upside down" and the accelerometers will orient the video image correctly.
I would like to see the US Federal government learn that lesson. How about a **real** balanced budget, and only spending what we make?? It is tough to complain about consumers, when the largest consumer in the US, the gov't, is the worst in terms of spending money they (we) don't have.
but this is the beauty of the iPhone. instead of being stuck with horrid software, like on the Treo 750, knowing that things could be improved, apple is actually making the first phones they sold BETTER. Palm (especially) would sell you a new phone, but not improve the old apple will offer software upgrades to improve both the oldest and the newest phones. THIS is why the iPhone is a strong seller and changing the marketplace. Apple is the first major player to realize it...
One HUGE difference: Apple uses Xeon processors, Pystar uses Core2 - utterly different, and priced much much different. Professional workstation vs. consumer grade desktop computer.
my macintosh runs SageTV and functions as the HTPC in my living room, so getting, and keeping, AC3 passthrough has been an issue with every update of QuickTime since 7.5.5
back in the day, apple would have shipped out your order with the latest hardware anyway, not sure if this is the case anymore....