or Connect

Posts by sandor

endianness didn't cause anyone to thing PPC to Intel wasn't possible. rather, it was a deep dislike of Intel in reference to the mhz myth - RISC vs. CISC showed the large efficiency gains in the processor architecture that was 15 years newer, but Intel and Microsoft were able to squash the actual performances differences by marketing 1, 2 and 3 ghz processor speeds, ignoring the lack of performance gains and supporting the marketing fluff.   Furthermore, the real reason...
Now i just want to see the device i need - Allow me to track (actually loss-prevent) 2 dozen iPads in a busy waiting room. I need 25-30 meters of range, and an alarm to go off if it walks out the door towards the elevators. There are some great standard loss-prevention systems, but they would 1/2 as much as the iPads themselves, making the ROI quite long. The bluetooth devices are decent (we tried the Proximo & a couple others) but the range is a little too random, as...
Bear in mind it only produces 3-5 megawatts. To put that in perspective: Hoover dam hydro plant produces 2080 megawatts Niagara (at the falls) produces 4400 megawatts
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=protected+class
two words: "Protected Class"
Good use of the legal system. The ADA is federal law, and if any group is out of compliance with it, this is precisely the way to get compliance. Disabled people know all too well the deaf ear (pun intended) they are met with when ADA non-compliance is broached outside of court - many businesses and municipalities won't spend the money to come into compliance with federal law until the courts force them to.
  really?!? i'll think of you the first time i hear of an average consumer trying to buy a Broadcom SoC product from BestBuy...  This is an OEM product, not a consumer item. 
  agree 100% there are quite a number of inadequacies in the finder, and as someone who has to work in multiple network volumes, creating hundreds of new files and folders every day, these little glitches can get tiresome.
I only hope (wish) that if Apple creates a fitness device, it has more actual physiological use than the competing high tech pedometers out there now. I would love to see things like needle-less lactate monitoring (some big company has *had* to have been following this advancement...) where we can actually get useful training information, rather than less effective heart rate/"calorie burning" type info. Imagine the sales to those late blooming triathletes, bikers,...
Google kept the valuable patents. Hence the low selling price.