or Connect

Posts by sandor

silly NoLamACGuy, *you* asked "what else ya got?"I'm just saying Walmart has 16 GB for $4.97this is also why I still use my 5s, and don't see an upgrade worth making.
i will point you to post #44this is the heart of the issue.
I would think that you know when your subscription expires, and have the forethought to copy your files. honestly, i would hope you have a backup of your files anyway.
commoncents, it is about value. Why has Apple doubled the value of iCloud storage, but decreased the value of iPhone storage? ie the principle, not the $$
  1) in four months of use, the 2016 beta has crashed less than the retail 2011 for me   :) 2) i assume the same scheme as 2011, where after 3 activations with that serial number, you need to waste 45 minutes on the phone with MS support to get them to allow one more activation. This has been a huge pain in an 24x7 environment where HDD were failing, have been swapped out and now we are switching again to SSD....
Don't get all "small, medium, large, super-size, king-size" on us. I am not stuck on nomenclature, just the miserly level of storage Apple is continuing to offer at the first price point. The phones are the same except for the storage capacity, and 16 GB of storage runs me $4.97 at Walmart. Joe Six-pack knows that. I have 25+ 16 GB iPads at work, and they do work well. But, just like the Edu iMacs used to be, the 16 GB iOS devices should be the Business/Edu exception, not...
i completely agree. 16 GB as standard is ridiculous. Imagine if the MacBook started at 60 GB...
...The opinions of the entrenched leaders of an entrenched industry from a company that only exists in the 21st century because my tax dollars bailed out its poor business decisions... I will take the words he says with a grain of salt, especially when speaking of the potential of a company that has made its business improving what already exists.
Bob Lutz looks like a gentleman that would say "can't be done". Power density in storage is the biggest issue with electric cars - seems like it is also a huge issue in mobile devices...
  hear, hear! i am quite onboard with corporate sponsorship. and know the actual costs of publication thanks to scientific journal subscriptions (where all costs are picked up in the subscription pricing, no advertising allowed) but the below screenshot shows what i am annoyed with - the tracking. everywhere. it is insidious.