or Connect

Posts by city

I don't know how they got away with it, but In some areas Verizon installed their FiOS fiber optic cables from pole to pole is big plastic pipes. The wires were bad enough. The service is still very expensive as they didn't pass the savings to their customers. In the wealthy hill communities in the Los Angeles area from Hollywood, to Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Brentwood, Pacific Palisades and Malibu there is very little or no cellular service and it's 2014.
If doesn't seem to me that a lawsuit is necessary to convince Apple to address such an issue. This is the generate legal fees. The Apple Santa Monica store had a blind employee (with dog) helping customers. I have seen Stevie Wonder shopping in an Apple store.
Advertisers show racial diversity in their marketing most likely to avoid being sued. This might also apply to any protected class. It's best not to discriminate if running a business. Would Arizona offer and welcome the same "religious freedoms" to Al-Qaeda so as to allow Sharia law? Should they be allowed to "Stone" women for being raped and claim a religious exemption? I suspect this proposed law is only for Christian, as the authors only considers their beliefs...
Apple retail locations are for high volume sales and not necessarily just for customer convenience. Apple is a business and not necessary benevolent. They don't just propagate like a Radio Shack franchise with thousands of stores (more then two thousand). The on-line store, Best Buy Store, Target and Walmart fill the gaps for displaying the products. Your town might be a nice place to live, but it wouldn't support the current strategy. Many communities are neglected and...
California is not gerrymandered. It has a bipartisan system for determining districts (backed by Republican). California has had several Republican Governors including Ronald Reagan, Pete Wilson and Arnie Schwarzenegger. Jerry Brown instituted several Republican like cost-cutting measures.   
If Election Day was a Federal Holiday everybody would be out of town.
There may have been Intellectual Property issues, but Sony produced quality televisions that were more reliable. They sold better without undercutting the retail price of their competitors.
Apple has added functionality to the iPhone since it was introduced. It now has iWorks. I use mine to read lengthy documents on the go, as I don't want to carry multiple electronic devices around. Thus, increasing the size of the screen, while retaining the compact form as much as possible,  now makes sense.    Obvious Prediction: iPads with Touch ID next year for everybody, not just Tim and a few of his co-workers!
It appears Apple has settled on names, "Air" and "Mini"  for the versions gong forward, like with "iMac". I hope the refresh comes in the first half of  2014 with Touch I.D.