or Connect

Posts by city

The Taiwan Sub misdeed might have jeopardized the assets of their parent company. That parent company might be coming into a lot of money soon ($1.6B).
When China has a near monopoly on all of the worlds manufacturing, including automobiles, they will probably pass laws requiring high wages and benefits. The Chinese people will be very happy and rich.
Apple is also a retailer of its products, so we should expect a higher margin. They have expensive locations and expensive build outs.
Thank you to China's workers for their sacrifice in assembling my iPhone.
Verizon runs an ugly semi rigid black pipe (trees help) from pole to pole, then a fiber optic "wire" to a plastic box attached to the house. At that point on the house it is converted to cable and distributed to another central point (basement or garage with backup battery for telephone) and then to the rooms of the dwelling.
In older Southern California neighborhoods, Verizon is installing FiOS (Fiber optics) from pole to pole, no digging required.
But then you get people that only expect to work 8 hours a day. There is no advantage to half the work for half the price.
Parking is part of my point. Almost all of these "big box" stores have parking lots. There might be, but I have never seen an Apple store with segregated parking. The historic buildings don't have parking and mail parking lots require a walk (or roll).
Target has separate staff behind a showcase with a cash register for the electronics department. You might have to wait for them to finish with another customer, but it seems adequate. One probably shops at Target with a lower expectation, but overall, just like a 7-11, it's convenient and faster then my very busy Apple store nearby. (My city won't allow a Target.)
Target will probably have an Apple aisle with nice signage and their employees will pull the Macbook out of the case, the way they do with iPads, and have you purchase it immediately. Apple is well known for having quality products with no salesperson required. Some Target stores are in upscale locations and already have large electronic departments with expensive items. They have a lot of security cameras that feed a central location and check inventory everyday. This...