or Connect

Posts by Right_said_fred

pebble steel time is color - not as rich a color, or as fast responding, but it is always on color. the pebble steel time and apple watch share many similar capabilities, and then there are differences. they may appeal to different people, besides Pebble also works with Android...
yes - how can a round gold watch look bad - well this one looks worse than bad...and notice the awful writing - and when would a watch ever say that? if you need to get it - then it should have got it - thats not smart thats stupid.....
i agree about many of those subtle but nice details where Watch has class.to my eye and heart, the Watch looks aesthetically much more appealing, which also proves that the pebble is not a rip-off. But this new pebble is hardly ugly, and its always on color display, and the 10 day battery life are great features.I will probably buy both - still wish apple had an always on display, and mutual day battery life - then there would be no reason to buy pebble.
whatever - i don't have the viewing angles for the display - i know existing pebble has very wide angle.i do know that the digital camera will not probably show the display as dimmer than the strap, due to very narrow wavelength of e-ink color.Pebble is transflective display, so in very bright outdoor conditions it will be easier to read than display type used in Watch I like what i have seen so far in both - i may probably buy both - they are not the same, but do offer...
no it doesn't look as though the screen is off.... besides its one of many many screens and unlikely to be the one always chosen by..you are clutching at straws, physically the Watch and pebble look similar, because they are similar colors and a similar shape - but in normal wear, its not difficult to tear them apart - if it is for you, its reflection of your own limits - thats too bad
except that most of the time the pebble will be displaying (an always on) color screen, compared to the black (off) screen of the Watch - so NO they won't look so similar
certainly it looks like it takes some physical design cues from the Watchno one is going to mistake the two side by side, besides.....the GUI is totally different,the user input controls and buttons are totally differentadd the much longer battery life, the always on display, and waterproof (5 ATM) and no - you cannot say its a ripoff being able to add smart straps  - well see how that goes but that's a clever idea, and it seems smartly implemented
You have to admit the latest Skype user interface on an iPhone is not frustrating and confusing at all. /s
surely complicate would have worked just as well as complexify?
no not bitter, but i remain disappointed - currently i have my iPad for one place, my iPhone for another, and my wife has to do the third place on her iPhone. Its frustrating and inconvenient - and I do find it a tad frustrating, since other apps i have (for HVAC, and for camera - mydlink) do not suffer this restriction. Belkin could even simply offer more than one app, perhaps label location 1, 2 , 3 etc.... an easy way round it. What is not frustrating is the WEMO...