or Connect

Posts by Right_said_fred

LolAbsolutely adroit
did you read AnalogJack he clearly mentioned  smartphone.... and my point is that without IOS and the iPhone, Android would not have been hijacked from a camera OS, into an OS for smartphones. There would have been a linux/unix or whatver based smartphone OS eventually, but who knows when it would have been invented/delveloped if it were not for Jobs & Apple
 Linux, being just really a kernel, was written from scratch by Linus Torvald. It provides an appearance of the same OS as you say.
 Many people are going to be underwhelmed next week on the 10th, because expectations always run so high, given the track record of such innovation excellence. I hardly think Apple would put out anything gauche, but i like that word - it would be e more fitting replacement for 'gear' for new devices coming from other companies.
 +1000 ( I use Barclays, you wouldnt believe how much of an international bank they purport to be, but really are not so good at the user level
 i wish - you can use hot corners to put lcd to sleep, but there is no corner for keep this computer awake. wish there was - would be very handy
 good point, i was confusing my own reply earlier -its  android and linux that are directly linked, not unix
 Of course they are, from the same fork handle indeed. However - what AnalogJack claimed is very true.Perhaps just like without the US Apollo missions - TTL, WD40, Teflon etc... would not have been invented at that time. Had Jobs / Apple not revolutionized the smart phone and touch based computer with the iPhone and iPad, products heavily based on them would still have been invented, eventuallyAndroid inc was incorporated in 2003 originally to build a better OS for cameras...
I dont mean to be smart, but i think that last sentence about your aunt speaks volumes, more than all the rhetoric on many of these threads.
would rather have Marvin from BBC TV series HHGG. It would nt seem so bad when Siri fails to deliver (which is does, all too often)