or Connect

Posts by Right_said_fred

so it is a serious issue then
That's a lot of sun!If you don't mind junk, this Thunderbolt Magnum Solar - Item#68751 is on sale for 199 at harbor freight.... If you don't mind a heavy pack! It's 45 watts of powerThis baby is only $15, for 1.5w. Thunderbolt Magnum Solar - Item#68692But this is the one I was looking at, it has protection built in Thunderbolt Magnum Solar - Item#68691
I think you meant correct , its been confirmed water resistant not waterproof -  univurshul It's horrible isn't it. I looked at a lot of websites, including coca cola USA, and frequent use of calorie when they should use Calorie or kcal or something,I had posted in this thread, I'm fine with rechargeable batteries in a phone, but for me I would like it to last a few days between charges. I don't want to carry a charger with me, or have my watch die just because I forgot or...
pardon - i agree 4000 is high - that is real (scientific calorie) which is 4kcal, but of course in food its still referred to as calories (why in physics they stick to joules, and avoid the small calorie big CalorieI totally agree its the conversion thats the issue - I was only trying to point out that if you made an almost perfect generator, thats still a lot of energy to find from wrist / body motion.apparently a normal person uses 28kcal just to sleep for 30 mins, so...
yes 5WH would be 18KJ, agreed - if you perfectly converted 18KJ from food calories (100% efficiency) its only 5kcal, or 5 Cal.I guess if you can really convert food kcal into electrical energy with say 20% effy, then thats 25kcal, over 1% of daily effort/intake
If the watch is OLED and with processor not doing too much, basically displaying time, measuring pulse etc..., you might get the nominal continuous current consumption down to say 100mA. but lets say you wanted to keep that watch on (OLED) lit for all 16 hours, and assuming the OLED / processor runs 3V, then you still need 5 Watt-hours. If you found a perfect movement to electrical converter, that would be 4000 calories!!maybe a great health watch.... /s
 Quote:Originally Posted by GTR If you hate devices that require regular top-ups then you must HATE your car.My reply to this was it was an odd point, you claim its a valid point. Is that supposed to be contradictory?Simply - i dislike having to fill my car with gas, but I don't hate any of my cars. Thats just stupid. But who flies of a handle when having to fill up - not sure of your point here Thanks for your help in making me realize at one time we could not take our...
I think you missed a lot in what I said -But I agree - its not a problem, or a pain yet, as the product is not released. I expect apple will get several days with moderate usage. OTheriwise there will be disappointment.BTW I didn't realize I was limited in my number of replies. You don't know where I am currently, or that there is very little else I can do in my current location to take my mind of other things - pain nuisance or problem - call it whatever you want i don't...
I totally agree - Fine having to charge the watch nightly if you're playing with it a lot. But in normal moderate use it should last a couple of days, so as not be a really nuisance.I try not to confuse a nuisance with a problem. ISIS is a problem (a big one), finding out my iPhone or example is flat is more of a nuisance.
Thanks for caring.Only twice a day (unless I'm on a promise....) morning and before bed.Philips Sonicare - 2 brushings a day, 2 mins each is supposed to last 2 weeks on a single charge.I don't know if mine lasts that long, if I'm away for a few days I don't take a charger. If Im away for a week or so I do bother to take it.