or Connect

Posts by addicted44

It's BS spin. Maybe misanticipation of the curved model would have caused issues in the beginning, but it almost certainly did not affect total sales. What were people who wanted the curved screen but it wasn't available gonna do? There is no other manufacturer providing curved screens, so they would either wait, or buy a different phone (also uncurved) which would likely be the flat S6.
It's a beta?
It isn't. It really isn't. Profits means Apple is creating a sustainable business which can survive and grow on its own merits. A sustainable business means they dont insert the junk that PC makers install on their devices to try and make a profit. A sustainable business means no SuperFish, and no hijacking your internet usage to route it through the Device makers ads. A sustainable business means that Apple has incentives to provide support and upgrades for a much greater...
I'm pretty sure Samsung was closer to 30-40% a couple of years ago. Android sellers are getting crushed. Samsung will probably swing to losses very soon too.
Samsung actually makes about 15% of the profit. Samsung + Apple > 100% profit share because everyone else is making losses.
Doomed.
This is great. I am an Office 365 subscriber, and my most used apps (outside the browser) on my iPhone and iPad are all MS apps (The Office Suite). The Mac apps were unusable, so I didnt do much with them, but if th enew apps are good, then it will make life even easier for me. As others mention above, Apple had a great opportunity to unseat OFfice. Keynote was head and shoulders beyond Powerpoint. Pages with styles and layouts was much nicer to use than Word (although it...
Credit to Daniel Eran Dilger. He had predicted the underground images a few weeks ago, based on Apple's Maps displays in China.   http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/05/23/apple-maps-in-china-offer-a-sneak-peak-whats-in-store-for-maps-in-ios-9
Really? Why can't I replace set a default Maps app then? My original workflow used to be: 1) 3rd party app opens location in default maps app2) I click directions, and I get transit directions from my current location to my destination. My new workflow is:1) 3rd party app opens location in default maps app2) I click on the transit tab, and wait several seconds for iOS to load all the installed registered transit apps (btw, why the hell is this not cached so it opens...
+++ I am as big an Apple fan as any, and I don't understand why people are happy with a world where Apple controls all my devices as well as all the services I can access. And what makes it even worse, my only legitimate alternative (at least for services...no way am I entering the Android cesspool again until the manufacturers fix their support at the very least) is Google, who only wants to mine my personal information for their benefit. I love (loved?) OSX because it is...