or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Is your GF a smurf? :-)
Isn't this web usage? Sure it probably doesn't report true web usage, but the trends (growth, and declines) should be pretty accurate, I'd imaging.
Somebody doesn't know the difference between Dev conferences and commercials.
On reading the headline, I was extremely skeptical of the article (Google is like 90s Apple? Surely not). I am still not convinced, but DED makes some really good points. The massive issue for Google is that its entire operations are bankrolled by web ads. These can be vulnerable to several fronts: 1) Monopoly accusations like those faced by MS. 2) Increased regulations preventing them from capturing as much user data. 3) Customers shifting to no -Google search due to...
Amazing to see that the same fandroids who called me a sheeple because I used the walled garden iOS and told me to shift to the open Android, because no one company could lock me in software or hardware, are now defending Google's attempts to lock people into their idea of Android. And I am not just talking about Internet trolls but friends IRL.
You are ignoring the fact that iOS ALREADY is in those 500 companies, doing pilot operations. The real question you have to ask with regards to this partnership's effect on the stock (which Muenster is trying to determine) is which of those rollouts would have not happened without IBM. In addition, even if you assume 1000 cos rollout 10000 iOS devices BECAUSE of the IBM partnership (i.e. they wouldn't have done it if it was Apple only) within the next year, then that is...
You are right. That being said, Muenster is also correct. Any additional sales caused by the IBM partnership will hardly move the needle for Apple. They simply cannot compare to the large number of iOS sales Apple already has. Where this may help is further entrenching iOS in enterprise, and making it extremely difficult to switch from. In addition, if there are Macs involved, this may massively help with mac sales.
To play the devil's advocate, the NDA could have expired by now, or it may not have covered the fact that Apple spoke with him about Sapphire screens, but only the details of what they spoke about. Furthermore, when he mentions Apple, he could be referencing a student or somebody who was working with Apple, and decided to get some initial advice from him in an informal context.
Well said!
The article is about a specific Google product losing out to a competing Apple product. Other Google products have nothing to do with this. It would be like complaining that a Safari user has Google as their default search.