or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I don't know how long you've been using iTunes, but please don't talk about bloat until you at the very least look at this screenshot of iTunes 6.0 http://guides.macrumors.com/images/d/dd/Heromac20051012.jpg Pretty much everything iTunes did (which was more than enough for an app named iTUNES) was easily available in 1 click on the main interface itself. There weren't a million modes to choose from, and iPod syncing was also handled simply and beautifully. Ever since Apple...
Completely agreed. What is amazing, is how awesome iTunes used to be (I was a Windows user at the time), when the only other decent players in town were Winamp and MusicMatch. I loved Winamp, but nothing beat iTunes' Rip/Play/Burn simplicity. Really sad how Apple let what used to be a crown jewel deteriorate into the mess it has become, to the point where they needed to go buy freakin Beats to even attempt to fix it.
This was probably as simple as optimistic technological expectations not panning out.   GTAT was at fault to the extent that they signed a ridiculously 1-sided contract with Apple. But that probably had a lot to do with the fact that it is unlikely that there was any other company who could have provided them with the resources to build such a facility out in the first place.   It seems Apple has a bad track record with identifying new breakout materials. First...
I was only interested in the retail (obviously in-app needs internet access).What I wasn't sure about is that Apple is one of the first few to implement a tokenization system. Assuming there is no internet connection required, what does Apple Pay send to the POS system? The code stored in the Secure Element? Wouldn't that allow retailers to continue tracking us?  Or does it connect to the merchant's servers through the POS system's network, and retrieve the token from...
Does anyone know if Apple Pay requires internet access to work?   I'd imagine that the tokenization process requires some communication with a supporting server, but does that go through the internet access on the phone, or could it potentially go through the POS system's networking infrastructure?
What's lamer is wamefinance's strawman, when as the AnandTech benchmarks I posted above show, even the supposed faster snapdragon based Note 4 loses out to the A7 based iPhone 5S in most CPU tests.
The rumor mills have confused it with Google TV, Android TV, ChromeCast, Nexus Q, or any number of other failed (being a little harsh...not sure if Chromecast has failed yet, but it is hardly mass market) attempts by Google in the living room space.
What does Exynos have to do with anything? The Snapdragon based Note 4 gets its ass handed to it by the 5S in most CPU tests, nvm the 6.http://www.anandtech.com/show/8613/the-samsung-galaxy-note-4-review/7It's a good thing Samsung is seeing those 60% drop in profits. It only means there are less paid trolls to swat down.
Ironically, Beats actually did get to where they are basically by marketing alone.Bose has some of the best stuff in the market. It may not be the best sound, but for the size and design, there is little that is comparable.The Beats acquisition still doesn't make sense to me. And if it, as is rumored, played a role in the silly U2 partnership (and I say this as a U2 fan) then it has already negatively impacted Apple. Even before this drama between Bose and Beats which has...
At that point wouldn't it be better for Apple to simply pay the higher price, or strike a deal which shares the risk better, than to make a purchase it wouldn't have otherwise (Apple buys only stuff it thinks gives it a competitive advantage, AFAICT). I don't think this will disrupt Apple's supply chain at all, but it may lead to suppliers demanding better prices, or at the very least, more equitable risk sharing.