or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Great review. I think this may be the most in depth review I've read on the Internet about this device and kudos to AI for doing this. I really do like the MS band. I can see myself buying this now (after a week or so of real user experiences) but still buying an Apple Watch next year. I think they both serve very different purposes (no way am I taking the watch running without GOS and I am not running with a phone). If MS feeds health data from both to their Health...
I don't understand why anyone in the US, unless they cannot get a credit card due to poor credit, would choose to use a debit card over a credit card. Better points, better protection, and you get about a month's worth of free float. Just keep paying off your credit card online as soon as it reaches 10% of your credit limit, and it will start improving your credit too.
Apple must have simply bought a huge batch a few years ago, and made Classics till they ran out. 
There is some confusion about the rates, because no one really knows what they actually are. I think there are a few things that happened:1) Apple managed to get Apple Pay considered as card present so retailers pay the lower card present fee.2) Apple managed to get a cut out of that card present rate (of about 0.15%). In other words, the banks expect Apple Pay to be even more secure than regular card present transactions, and are letting Apple get a cut of the fraud...
Also, financial institutions are expecting Apple Pay to convert a lot of cash transactions to credit card, further increasing their incomes. If Apple Pay is widely supported everywhere, I have a lot less reason to carry a wallet in addition to my cell phone, which means that scenarios in which I might have considered paying by cash, I will be forced to pay via Apple Pay. Unlike the music industry, the financial industry is genuinely excited about Apple Pay (it doesn't hurt...
 http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/25/currentc/ 
 I am sure that 5% savings will look great when you see unexplained charges in the thousands on your checking account with no recourse because Target got hacked and lost your data.
The ultimate irony is that Apple Pay, with its significantly greater security, will almost certainly lead to lower CC fees for the merchants because the cost of fraud will reduce. There is a reason banks, CC companies, as well as retailers who don't have their heads up their asses, are pushing Apple Pay so enthusiastically. The increased security is a cost saving for everyone. In addition, the smarter retailers realize that the reduced wait lines because of the ease of...
But the way they are avoiding credit card fees is by shifting fraud liability from the CC agency to the customer. So you may pay 2% less on your purchases (or more likely you will still pay the same amount while the retailer gobbles up the savings), but if someone hacks into their systems and steals your information and buys a $1000 computer under your name, you will simply have to bear that cost. The 2-3% CC companies charge provide consumers with a legitimate service. I...
I don't know how long you've been using iTunes, but please don't talk about bloat until you at the very least look at this screenshot of iTunes 6.0 http://guides.macrumors.com/images/d/dd/Heromac20051012.jpg Pretty much everything iTunes did (which was more than enough for an app named iTUNES) was easily available in 1 click on the main interface itself. There weren't a million modes to choose from, and iPod syncing was also handled simply and beautifully. Ever since Apple...