or Connect

Posts by addicted44

No. Microsoft would not be able to make any money off Google because Google does not directly make any money off Android. Microsoft simply repeated their Linux strategy. They went against the vendors (Suse, and IBM during the Linux days). They did the same thing with Android, and are getting paid by nearly all Android vendors. They never went against the Linux Foundation.
When android was released swiping wasn't the standard method.But you are right. Android is now also copying from Windows Phone.
If it's the hardware, I think the vendor is responsible. Some of the lawsuits have claimed the OS as the offender (the scrolling rubber banding effect, for example), but Apple is suing Samsung, instead of Google, because Google does not indemnify Samsung (although, in this case it may be because Samsung copied the feature, and it wasn't present in stock Android? Not exactly sure. I don't really follow the patents stuff much).
I am talking about touch controls only. iOS (and consequently Android) use tapping as the primary touch gesture to move between panels (the exception being the home screens). WP7, OTOH, uses swiping as the primary gesture to move between panels. So, for example, on iOS, to switch from your Facebook news feed, to your Friends list, you will probably tap an icon. On WP, you will probably swipe left to right, or right to left. I am not saying it is better. However, it was at...
Lol. No. AAPL actually. Been riding it since it dropped to the 80s in 2009. Some of my SW development is on .Net though, so I watched the Build Keynote today, and for the first time, I was actually impressed with what MS is doing. However, as another poster warned, there is a huge gap between a demo and a product, so it is still wait and see.
I think it's basically, if any software patents are violated, the owners of the patents have to sue MS, and not the hardware vendors.
I gained a lot of respect for MS after Windows Phone. I still think iOS is better, however, unlike Android, which basically just copied everything about iOS, MS genuinely gave us a new OS, with a completely different interface, and a different way of interacting with the phone. Definitely agreed that I'm rooting for MS to beat Android.
Microsoft is finally realizing that Android is the REAL threat to their business. Apple isn't. Apple will continue making premium devices for people who are willing to pay for quality, just like in the desktop world. It will never really threaten MS, and in fact, usually benefits them by giving them ideas for next updates to their OS. Android, OTOH, is trying to be the next Windows.
That's fair enough. We absolutely need to see it in real life before commenting. Especially with MS, who are kings of vaporware. However, the idea, and demoed aspects of Cortana are far wider than Siri.
Halo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana