or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I vehemently disagree. People said the same thing about tablets. Apple did do a tablet. But they did it the right way, which was completely different from how anyone else tackled it. I am not saying Apple will do a hybrid. What I am saying is that they are almost certainly looking at how to do a tablet, and if they do a tablet, it will have something different which makes it viable. In fact, Apple has already been building towards a workable hybrid through iCloud, IMO. You...
I downloaded Here to see if it was a better alternative, but boy, does it suck. And that overall blue tone to the app is just horrible looking. Even if the mapping was good, there is no way I could bear to use that ugly app. That being said, it is hard to figure out what Nokia means by saying its apple's fault. Doesn't make much sense even if you trust them completely.
It is not true that Mandela was a communist. In fact he was against the ANC allying with te communists. But when the party did vote for it he was in favor because as he said (paraphrasing) that when you fight oppression you don't have the luxury of choosing your allies.If you look at the fight against apartheid, it was the communist governments which assisted the people fighting it, while the western leaders (but to their credit, not the people) branded the apartheid...
Yup, it is. The big trial will be the 2014 one, which is about current products (although they won't be as current anymore).
Continues to innovate like the 80K units selling Galaxy Gear "smart" watch.
While you are correct, the issue is that Apple still doesn't have a product for the off-contract market.I think the 5c was uniquely placed to be that product (considering how much of a jump the 5s is over the 5c) and I am surprised Apple did not take that opportunity.
Hah...If you think your comment is a T-Mob commercial, you should hear me talking sometime! Got about a week to go on my AT&T contract, and then moving to TMob with 4 iPhones, which will (assuming no hidden costs) save me about $80/mo for better availability. Still concerned about TMob's coverage though.
Your facts are correct. However, the difference between T-Mo and the remaining carriers is that with T-Mobile, if you bring your own phone, you get a lower rate plan. With other carriers, there is no advantage to bringing your own phone because you will be charged the same rates.
I do believe Apple has a price problem. However, this isn't evident in countries (like the US) where people buy their phones on contract. Apple's problem lies in countries where people buy unlocked phones separate from the carrier they pick (and in these countries, contracts are less popular). While this quarter T-Mo's sales clearly looked supply constrained, I would imagine going forward Apple would have a lower market share on T-Mo with its non-subsidized model, than...
Agreed. My iPhone 4 seems to be running much faster with iOS7 than iOS6 (the speed increase probably has more to do with the fact that it is a reinstall, but still, it is noticeable).