or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I owned and used an S3 for months. Just a terrible, terrible experience. Honestly, my original iPhone (bought in 2007) was performing better than the S3. I really could not fathom how people were even comparing Android to iOS (about the only thing that was good on it was being able to make Whatsapp my default messaging service and quick controls to turn on/off some settings).However, since the S3 was a hand down from my dad (he used it a few months and gave it to me after...
Here is the problem with that theory.Where is the "monopoly" which Apple could abuse? Windows is a true monopoly. iOS, as fandroids love to remind all and sundry, was never a market share leader. Maybe in tablets, but when you consider ebook readers (this is a lawsuit about ebooks, after all) the ipad is certainly wasn't a market share leader (Amazon had already sold millions of regular Kindles before the ipad was ever demoed).
This. I am amazed that anyone can plausibly consider the argument that Apple changed the mar
I think the most important part of his performance was he genuinely believed what he said. He did a great job getting OSX and ios together and knew it. It was that confidence in the products which shone through.
I am very interested in the story behind the weather app. It is quite clear hat Apple has collaborated with Yahoo on this. The look is almost exactly the same. It would be interesting if Apple and Yahoo developed it in conjunction, or if Apple approached Yahoo to use it after they saw the Yahoo app (I doubt this theory, since it wouldn't have given Apple much time to complete it, considering how recently Yahoo released their app). Either way, I think there is an...
This. I can honestly browse webpages faster on my ancient ORIGINAL iphone, than the Galaxy S3. Stuff like transitions happening in sequence, rather than simultaneously, make the S3 seem slower even if an exact stopwatch time test might show it to be marginally faster.   Apple has done a fantastic job with iOS. Androids are trying to compensate with throwing bigger hardware at the problem.   OTOH, where Apple fails is: 1) Building online services. iCloud is much better...
I think in NET terms, Android has been a complete loser for Google ($8Bn in Motorola acquisition costs, many more billions in Android development, etc, and they still make more money from iOS than Android. For Samsung, however, it is a different story). However, this approach, of building services which span across all platforms is an absolute winner, and will make them far more powerful than any supposed Android domination.   Basically, we have a situation where you...
While this is theoretically true, it ignores the reality that airlines have only used iPads so far. This may be due to multiple reasons. Features which it make it more secure. Software development is far easier. Build quality and reliability is far higher.Additionally, as pointed out above, the FAA has only approved the ipad to use in cockpits, so it is fair to say the ipad is currently fully responsible for this.
The worst part is that the ios app is still miles better than apps on other platforms.But they have a tremendous user base.
Actually, what is ridiculous is that Facebook doesn't yet have a phone out yet. They have the best communication platform in the world, with the best and most popular contact management system ever.