or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Your facts are correct. However, the difference between T-Mo and the remaining carriers is that with T-Mobile, if you bring your own phone, you get a lower rate plan. With other carriers, there is no advantage to bringing your own phone because you will be charged the same rates.
I do believe Apple has a price problem. However, this isn't evident in countries (like the US) where people buy their phones on contract. Apple's problem lies in countries where people buy unlocked phones separate from the carrier they pick (and in these countries, contracts are less popular). While this quarter T-Mo's sales clearly looked supply constrained, I would imagine going forward Apple would have a lower market share on T-Mo with its non-subsidized model, than...
Agreed. My iPhone 4 seems to be running much faster with iOS7 than iOS6 (the speed increase probably has more to do with the fact that it is a reinstall, but still, it is noticeable).
Nope. That was speculation. Hence the "I think". Unlike analysts (and many commentators here) I don't claim my speculations to be the absolute truth. Just informed guesses.
It also runs better on my iPhone 4 than iOS6 did. Although, I am seeing a few (rare) crashes, but did not see any at all with iOS6.
I don't understand Apple's strategy with the 5c. It doesn't seem priced to sell (the problem isn't that it is "too expensive" at $100 with contract. The problem is that it is only $100 less than the 5s, which is a much better product). At the same time, Apple is advertising it far more than they are the 5s. So it seems like it is being marketed to sell. I think the production issues with the 5s really caught Apple off guard, forcing them to promote the 5c like the latest...
 Hah...I noticed the same thing just a few seconds after you. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that was a puff piece.
Btw, that CNet article absolutely reads like a paid advertorial. It probably isn't as obvious as that, but I bet it's something like "Hey CNet, we will give you exclusive interviews with all our top guys if you write a positive article about the Gear's development". And while even CNet isn't going to stoop as low as to call the turd that is this "smart"watch a decent product, they made it about Samsung, and how impressive they were in quickly delivering this (crap) product.
I dont understand something.   Samsung has been working on this since 2011, but at the same time they finished it only in "6 months" with massive changes in the last few weeks of release displaying the strength of their vertical integration.   So which is it? 2 years, or 6 months?   And the review claims it is style over substance. While that does seem to have been Samsung's attitude while developing this POS, I will quibble and call it "lack of style over substance"...
 Hmm...So Apple should build a device which has 5 times the most expensive component in the iPhone and sell it for the same price as the iPhone. Okay. Little Pedro needs to go back to his meds.