or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I want to see what Apple says about this. It seems likely its a supply constraint. This will be worrisome for shareholders, especially combined with the problems in Japan. Would like to know what steps Apple is taking to address the persistent supply problems with the iPad.
Anyone want to imagine the thrashing apple would be getting in the blagosphere if they had released a playbook like product (I.e. iPad with mail and calendar only if you have an iPhone....crashes all the time...software is half baked and you don't even have twitter and Facebook clients!). And rim does this despite being a year late. While no reviews have praised them, none have called them out for the complete lack of respect they are showing for their users' intelligence....
...and pay more to enjoy... I find the intel comments combined with the gartner report really interesting. Gartner claimed that the pc market shrunk, yet intel claims sandy bridge did really well. I see 2 possibilities here (aside from gartner being wrong or intel being creative with phrasing) 1) gartner is talking only about the us, and international growth has more than made up for us drops. I dontfind this likely because drop in computer sales in Europe and Japan is...
1) It wasn't an early prototype. It was a fully functional one, Google was demoing. 2) You really think companies spend time/energy developing, and demoing, prototypes, which are nothing like the final product? What do you think a prototype is used for? 3) Also, so you think its just a coincidence that Google's prototype happened to look like what were the hottest selling phones at the time (the Blackberry, and Treo type phones), and then just coincidentally switched...
The PS3 is a MUCH better value for money than the Apple TV. However, its not a perfect substitute for it. The low price point (at least for people with disposable incomes) means that people are very willing to spend the sum to achieve that functionality. Currently, the Apple TV does not offer much for people outside the US, unless you have a large iTunes based library. However, in the US, its a tiny thing which does not clutter your entertainment center, and provides...
Some interesting aspects. 1) Thunderbolt will supposedly be more than twice as fast as USB 3.0. USB, because of its design, apparently, never comes close to its theoretical throughput. This was a big deal in the FW/USB2.0 comparisons, where the USB2.0 peak was higher, but FW400 provided a much faster sustained connection. 2) TB does the capability to provide backwards compatibility with USB 2.0, but the rumor was that the USB groups asked them not to add this in. That...
How about WP7? Or WebOS?Both have shown a very different UI is plausible (and I will admit that I much prefer WebOS, minus the lack of ecosystem, and the poor HW, but dislike WP7 coz its too swipey).However, Google, and Android, chose to simply copy iOS.Whether Apple wins the case is a big question mark, because I don't think there have been many successful lawsuits in the "look and feel" space. However, its ridiculous to deny the complete ripoff Android was (and the iOS...
Are you referring to Jobs's truck quote? Well, its hard to deny that he is wrong. For example, Japan has already bypassed the PC, and most people there do the majority of their computing on their cellphones (this was even before the iPhone). The problem is that people with little financial sense (which, unfortunately, most tech folks are) are trying to estimate Apple's future actions on the basis of finances. Lets assume, for argument's sake, that the mac reduces to just...
Ummm..This is no outcome. And if you are going by the nokia case, there the judge ruled in the opposite direction as the itc staff recommendations. The itc is a political body more than anything else. Most of these recommendations are not very useful.And anyone else see the irony of HTC saying in their defense that they have been in the smartphone space much longer than apple and then talking about how they and Google have been pioneering? Besides, HTC's presence in the...
Great point. I will add to your addition (!) that unlike their HW, where Apple makes anywhere between 25-40% margins, we KNOW that Apple makes a maximum of 30% (-delivery costs, -credit card fees) margin on the iTunes sales. But these facts have no influence on the true believers of the "Apple will sabotage many billions of dollars in HW, for a few measly millions on content" theory.