or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I think its amazing that people still try to deny this. This was the Dec 2007, Google Android prototype...http://gizmodo.com/#!334909/google-a...pe-in-the-wild
I largely agree. However, the driving point in that lawsuit is not the patents themselves, but rather the fact that the "inferior" quality of those products damaged Apple's products, opening Apple to liability. This was a direct response to "glassgate", where some badly produced 3rd party covers were damaging the iPhone, exposing the iPhone to a ton of negative publicity, and Apple to lawsuits. The lawsuit was an attempt to prevent the sales of these damaging products. I...
Apple was simply outmaneuvered by Google in the Admob acquisition. I doubt frugality had anything to do with it. Its no surprise they went and hired a pretty senior lawyer to work on their acquisition strategy right after the loss of Admob. Not sure about the Palm acquisition, since there is very little information about it (including whether Apple had a serious offer to actually acquire Palm). But I see your point. Apple has never really used its money to simply acquire...
Google barely has any IP (especially in the mobile space, which is a very patent-lawsuit happy arena, even before Apple was even rumored to be entering smartphones). Their most famous patent is their Google Doodle.If anything, apple barely sues anyone offensively. The only ones they have done in recent history is HTC...Not surprising considering the complete ripoff Apple thought Android was (as the recent book on Google further reveals).Besides, its ridiculous to think...
No reason to think he is right. However he raises some interesting points borne of a reevaluation of his original position. I think several of his predictions are wrong but he still does present some good insights into this space.
they are not. Bt until someone is making money off it it's unlikely to be a long term success. Especially in the tech world. Even the poster child of open source success, firefox, really only blew up after they figured they could make money off their little search box.yeah because every working professionals job is to write 20 page reports...how hard is it to understand that just because tablets dontdo everything well doesn't mean that they can't be used for work, or...
The problem with Android is that no one is making money off it. 1) HTC is making money, but they are making about the same money they were when they were the leaders in Windows Mobile. Essentially, Android has replaced Windows Mobile with them (after accounting for the growth in size of the overall smartphone market, which, even if you completely remove Android from the picture, is MUCH larger than then. In fact, for all the marketshare RIM is losing, they are still...
The biggest problem with the TV idea is where Apple is going to sell these. TVs take up a LOT of space. Apple has extremely limited space in their stores. Are they going to devote these to iPads, iPhones, iPods and Macs, which don't take up much space, or TVs, which do and don't have tremendous margins either...
Intel is going about this the wrong way. The reason they were able to win in all the other areas is because people knew how to develop for x86. The legacy applications built on x86 gave Intel a huge edge. In mobile, its the complete opposite. Legacy code (and more relevantly, instruction sets) are anathema, because battery life, and not processing power, is king in this space. If Intel really wants to become relevant, they need to invest a ton of money developing...
Best Buy was clearly trying to prop up Apple's competition. This seems more pervasive than just at the managerial level. This was an extremely short sighted move by them. They can't keep bashing Apple and expect the company to behave nice with them. The individual sales folks have also had a large anti-Apple tilt, which Apple has ignored. Best Buy should have allowed the natural anti-Apple tilt of their employees to tilt the scales in the competitors' favor, instead...