or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I don't understand this either. Was the inventor in question part of the company that sued Apple? Or was Mirror Worlds the company he sold it to? How was he going to make it freely available if he sold it to a company?Ironic about the Cover Flow bit, since Apple actually did not even develop themselves, but bought it from a 3rd party developer (who had a mac app named Cover Flow).Edit: It seems the professor owns or partially owns the company, according to the...
I thought Stringer was decently smart (although he has not been able to reverse Sony's decline). What does he even mean by the "Doesn't burn you" comment?
Good call on deducting the cash. Didn't have time to do it. The stock might even look slightly undervalued at this point. It seems people are not factoring in Apple's ability to bring in revenue from brand new markets. Its stunning that based on Sep 10 annual numbers (note, this only captures nearly 6 months of supply constrained iPad sales in an annual report), over 50% of their revenues were markets they did not even compete in 4 years ago.
Unless something changes dramatically, and iOS is indeed crushed by Android, this is unlikely. Apple has a relatively low PE for a tech stock of nearly 19, compared to about 22 for Google, 20+ for Oracle, ~24 for HP. Of course, you have MSFT and Dell which have PEs closer to 10, but Apple is a bigger growth stock than these for sure.I think the biggest reason the stock is down is uncertainty due to component delivery. Apple is at much greater risk because of this due to...
There will be hundreds of millions of people who might potentially buy an iPad when the ipad3 comes out. Apple doesn't need to bother about upgrading the old users. The market is young enough that new users will stretch their production capacity to the limits.
Steve Jobs came out really strongly against focus groups. I strongly doubt they use them. Although Apple is the pinnacle of design in the Tech world, they are not above coming up with some terrible designs themselves. Especially when they are in their "realism" phase (they keep yoyo-ing between minimalistic, and realistic designs). A classic example was the old Quicktime (?) volume control knob. A design fiasco.
Ugghhh....Thats okay in Full Screen view (which is why things like this look great on the iPad, which essentially becomes the app). But to have it in Windowed mode, where it clashes atrociously with other apps' consistent Window UIs is just a bad idea. At the end of the day though, this is just plain fugly.
They have. But they aren't the only reason that macs are doing well. Apple was the most profitable PC maker even before the iPhone was introduced in 2007. It was selling the most >$1000 computers even in 2006. There is a very clear event when Mac's popularity shot up. It was right after the transition to Intel. The ability to run Windows as a fallback made the switching process far less risky, enabling the Mac's rise.
They are the MOST profitable PC makers in the world. It might not be a good model if you want to dominate the world, but if you are a hardware maker, its the ONLY way to make money. I think this article explains the rise of the Apple haters on the web. All those jobless ex-CEOs are probably just sitting on their keyboards, spitting vitriol towards Apple, who played a huge part in their dismissals.
I don't see much need to delete an App from Launchpad. Worst case, just make a folder for "Unwanted Apps" and stuff all those in there. Edit: That being said, there should be an easy way to delete them. Especially since the UI paradigm has already been defined in iOS.