or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Here's my question. WHAT DEVICE? All I saw was a bunch of mocked up videos on random weird flat surfaces (like a bus stop, photo frame, guitar amp, etc...). This is no better than the iPhone mockup videos folks were releasing on Youtube in 2006. Well, actually, it might be worse, because those people at least had some conception of what the HW would look like. This video only shows a mockup of the SW.
The comparison to Apple's style makes no sense. When was the first time Apple showed us anything about a product without demo'ing and actual working unit on stage first? And are you seriously asking me what is fake about a demo where we don't see the device, but all we see are projections of a touchscreen device on bus stops, guitar amps, and photo frames? For all you know, they could have captured the output of an iPad app they created, and placed it on all those...
Lets be accurate.They got a mockup video of their tablet right the first time...Folks, its not an iOS, or a WebOS ripoff.Its an iOS ad's ripoff, combined with elements of the first WebOS commercials.
The answer is actually quite simple. No one has figured out how to make it as cheap as the iPad. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is a 7" tablet and is STILL more expensive than the 9" iPad (unlocked. With a 2 year contract, its cheaper upfront, but over a thousand dollars more expensive over the lifetime of the contract). And the display is the largest cost in the iPad. Apple certainly prices the iPhone and the Mac at a premium. This is a true fact. However, this blinds most...
There is a difference between demoing a product in front of a live audience and saying you need 3 months to release it (specifying the exact month it will be released) and creating a fake video in photoshop and saying you will release it "early 2011", a timespan which can range anywhere from Jan-Apr/May.
Deleted....
+++ I live in NYC, in an area where I never received a signal with the 3GS and a very poor signal with the dumbphone I was using when I lost the 3GS (wanted to wait till the iPhone 4 was released) and have excellent signal. I have even started picking up a faint signal inside some subway stations. Unlike the 3GS, which I wanted to jailbreak a week or so in, I have not even thought about JB'ing the iPhone. It is a fantastic device, and the reception problems have been way...
This "analysis" is already worthless because it doesn't account for Windows Phone 7 at all. Windows Phone 7 is the first viable direct competition Android is getting. RIM, Apple, and Nokia are all competing with the "HW/SW single vendor" model. Windows Mobile 6 does use the Android model (SW vendor different from HW vendor) but it was never a touch OS, unlike WP7. I am confident you will see at least some deflection on the part of the HW makers from Android to WP7.
That is not a correct comparison at all. Macs were never expected to have BR drives. And anyways, BR drives manufacturing chain is nothing like manufacturing of memory. 1) This report does not say that prices have fallen, but rather, are expected to fall. Orders for memory are placed months and years in advance (especially with the tightening of supply in the past few years). And capacity planning is done many years in advance. 2) Not more than a few months ago,...
Here's the part I don't understand. Apple was criticized for not including copy/paste, and multitasking 3 and a half years ago! Since then, they have added both (I personally don't care much for multitasking, but copy-paste was essential for me. Thats when I springed money for the iPhone). But Windows Phone has neither (nor do they have Flash, but I am okay with that). WTH are people simply ignoring all those articles screaming about lack of...