or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Well, this tells us what we knew. All other things equal, a large majority of people would much rather get an iPhone than anything else. However, all other things are not equal. Carrier subsidy, and pushing of particular phones gives Android a much bigger leg up than if they had to compete on their own. I would also venture to say that at this point, this is enough of a factor to continue extending Android's lead in the smartphone market. Fortunately for Apple,...
On the plus side, Samsung can say they sold out, and actually be talking about sell through rates!
Yes, but not exactly. The problem is that when the Kindle entered the market, it was the only ereader (there were a few minor players). Also, there was a HUGE library already available. The problem with this is: 1) Competition. Ridiculous competition from all sorts of devices, not just tablets. 2) Developers will need to build only for this. Unlikely to happen.
HEAD->DESK Why in the world does anyone think people will buy a Gamestop tablet for games, when they can get a $499 iPad which does a whole lot more, and has a much larger game library? If its Android, then why does anyone think game devs will develop for Gamestop's Android tablet as opposed to all the millions of other android tablets on the market?
I think it would be pretty bad form to boast about your sales when you are still making people wait 2-3 weeks to get the iPad they have paid for. Once Apple gets their demand-supply a little in sync, they will boast about this (or more likely wait till WWDC).
Ummm.....the only people who will be selling AAPL because of this are those who are REQUIRED to sell AAPL because they are indexed against the NASDAQ100. This is a great buying opportunity for others.
I don't understand this either. Was the inventor in question part of the company that sued Apple? Or was Mirror Worlds the company he sold it to? How was he going to make it freely available if he sold it to a company?Ironic about the Cover Flow bit, since Apple actually did not even develop themselves, but bought it from a 3rd party developer (who had a mac app named Cover Flow).Edit: It seems the professor owns or partially owns the company, according to the...
I thought Stringer was decently smart (although he has not been able to reverse Sony's decline). What does he even mean by the "Doesn't burn you" comment?
Good call on deducting the cash. Didn't have time to do it. The stock might even look slightly undervalued at this point. It seems people are not factoring in Apple's ability to bring in revenue from brand new markets. Its stunning that based on Sep 10 annual numbers (note, this only captures nearly 6 months of supply constrained iPad sales in an annual report), over 50% of their revenues were markets they did not even compete in 4 years ago.
Unless something changes dramatically, and iOS is indeed crushed by Android, this is unlikely. Apple has a relatively low PE for a tech stock of nearly 19, compared to about 22 for Google, 20+ for Oracle, ~24 for HP. Of course, you have MSFT and Dell which have PEs closer to 10, but Apple is a bigger growth stock than these for sure.I think the biggest reason the stock is down is uncertainty due to component delivery. Apple is at much greater risk because of this due to...