or Connect

Posts by addicted44

+++ But even more frequently, I do a Google search, and the best answers tend to be in the Discussions. That being said, I do believe they can be improved. I think a very useful improvement might be a Stack Overflow style page. Stack Overflow works really well for Q/A type purposes.
This whole Apple TV series of events just shows how ridiculous the media has become in its Apple coverage. 1) They create rumors where the Apple TV can apparently do amazing new things (run iOS apps, ,be impossibly small, output 1080p). 2) They then create a new rumor that Apple wont do all the things the earlier rumor was supposed to do. 3) They then create a rumor that Apple will change its name. 4) A freaking international company starts throwing hissy fits...
Agreed. I don't think anything is gonna come out of this though, so its not really a big deal. Basically, I think this is a combination of 2 things: 1) The FTC is involved because Apple does not lobby enough. They spend the least amount of money (and its a significantly smaller amount, as well as percentage of revenue than Google/MSFT) amongst the large Tech companies. Google, OTOH, is deep in the FTC's business (as we saw with the Verizon deal). 2) The EU is involved...
While I agree with the rest of your post, gotta strongly disagree with the slimming of the Bezel. As Gruber has pointed out several times, if you slim the bezel, how do you hold the iPad without touching and covering the screen? The Bezel is as thick as it is for a good reason.
I am an exception, I guess. I don't like the current iPad form factor. It is more like the Kindle DX. I would much rather prefer a Kindle sized iPad. It would also be far lighter, and far easier to use while traveling in the subway. And it will also be a lot cheaper.
This is a really weird comparison, since the 2 do completely different things. However, if you had to go with 1, I would certainly recommend the PS3 over the iPad. (Note: You can watch Netflix on the iPad)
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/te.../05secret.html Fun. Fun. Fun.
This. Apple has already screwed up by playing hardball with Verizon. If the iPhone had been on Verizon, then you wouldn't see Verizon pouring all this money and marketing into Droids. The fact is that Verizon is pushing these phones extremely heavily. Not just through tons of marketing, but also with their BOGO schemes. More importantly, its giving enough sales to manufacturers like HTC and Motorola to justify their involvement in Android. This is not the end of Apple. ...
Actually, the headline is misleading. CW's study is showing that fewer iPhone 4 users are reporting dropped calls, and not that iPhone 4's are dropping less calls. This would explain the discrepancy in numbers (ATT seeing more dropped calls). Less people (a very small number, actually) have an issue, but for those who do, it is a big issue. And that makes sense, since for this to be a problem, there are many factors that need to coincide: 1) Small coverage...
Any bets on how soon a commentator is going to blame this on Apple and its obnoxious lobbying efforts in Saudi Arabia, since they cant compete in a free market?