or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Exactly. Don't think for a moment that the VZW shareholders are thrilled with all that the iPhone is doing for ATT. If the iPhone finds its way to all carriers but Verizon, I can assure you the Verizon CEO won't have his job for too long. I mean, even now, Apple was able to drive over a million subscribers to ATT.
Exactly. This was not about the OS. This was about:1) Releasing those super sexy Macbook Airs right before the holiday season.2) Getting devs on board the Mac App Store gravy train, so they can reap the benefits of all those millions of dollars in gift cards that are gifted during the holiday season, when the Mac App Store releases early January.The OS will be shown in the January event (or the February event, if the Verizon iPhone is released then).
Now that you point it out, thats hilarious...
++++ The real Lion will come out at the January 2011 event, after the holidays. The point of this was twofold: 1) Get developers ready to submit their apps to the Apple Store, so they can hopefully reap the benefits of the millions of dollars of iTunes gift cards given away during Christmas (and used in the month after Christmas). 2) Release the new Macbook Airs, and see millions of these being sold during the upcoming holiday season.
Any Mac developer who doesn't like this is missing the forest for the trees. Just the following simple fact should have their mouths watering. 100 mn. credit cards can now purchase your app with one click. The many millions of dollars spent on iTunes gift cards every year can now be used to buy your app.
I originally thought that would be the case. But after thinking about it, the biggest problem with low RAM is swapping with the HD. This, however, does not have a HD, but more SSD (which is a lot faster) so hopefully, it shouldn't be much slower at all.
Although the iPhone and the iPad share the same OS, the user interface elements are quite different. I think Steve's point was that an iPad like interface would not work for a 7" screen (not sure I agree, but I am pretty confident thats what he meant). An iPhone like UI would work on the 7" screen. But that brings us to his second argument (which most outlets have ignored) that the slightly greater mobility 7" gives you, is not worth the loss of usability. ...
I am not so sure Facebook is the next Myspace. Myspace always had weak links between users. The people you "friended" on MySpace was not your next door neighbor, your classmate, or your mother. Facebook has strong links. Your friends on facebook are people you meet on a daily basis. Folks you go on holidays with, colleagues, and distant relationships. It will not be as easy to break links with these people as it was for Myspace. I have, for example, almost completely...
I don't think anyone's touched on the obvious implication... iAds for Apple TV.
That's stupid, because Verizon turned Apple down. There was no "if Apple signed with Verizon".