or Connect

Posts by addicted44

This claim from Apple detractors that Apple is deliberately creating iPad shortages is the funnies thing ever! Initially, these same people were claiming that it was just a "large iPod Touch" and no one will buy it. Those same people who were saying it wouldn't sell, and would be Apple's next Cube, are now slamming Apple for not being able to predict that it would be the fastest selling consumer device, EVER! (only to probably be overtaken by the iPhone).
I have no clue why Apple does not create a headless mac. I suspect its because Apple does not want to deliver a consumer product where the consumer can tinker with the insides. This would make financial sense, since the customer service costs on this would be much higher than on any of their current offerings (The Mac Pro is only bought by professionals, who pay a large premium, so customer service costs is not a big issue). However, I can assure you that cannibalization...
I find it crazy that Apple has sold 3mn in 3 weeks, and its also probably the less desired model. Expect iPhone 4 shortages for months...
You forgot your tinfoil hat. Btw, its time for your meds.
This confirms my suspicions. A lot of the hue and cry is Google's (and probably MS's) increasing lobbying dollars at work. Apple needs to get into the lobbying business, otherwise they will never hear the end of the FCC, Congress, etc. (note how the App Store is being investigated for monopolistic practices when it is part of the iPhone which is the 2nd best selling smartphone, which is a very small part of the much much larger phone category. OTOH, Google's purchase...
Seriously dude... HTC sells exactly 0 dumbphones. They are the largest seller of Android phones. Your precious NExus 1 is also HTC. As are half your Droids. They sold a small number of Windows Mobile phones, but I assure you that amount is trending towards 0 over the last year. Motorola OTOH is not a very good comparison since they do indeed sell a large number of dumbphones.
The irony is that with all the effort and money Google is putting into Android, no one is making money off it. The only people who are making money off Android are: 1) A few developers 2) HTC 3) Microsoft (HTC pays them to use Android to avoid patent issues) Google will probably end up losing more money since Android users were probably going to buy phones which used Google search otherwise anyways (Blackberry, iPhone) and they have encouraged Apple, which sells...
You are right. There is a problem. However, even with the problem (i.e. holding the iPhone with the death grip), the iPhone 4 still has better reception than earlier iPhones. The reception problem looks bad because Apple was inflating the bars, which made a bad signal look decent. If there is one thing we should have all learned by now, it is that bars are completely meaningless.
I mostly agree with this post. I still have MobileMe, and have no plans of dropping it, since I think the ease of use is incomparable, and is certainly worth $79 to me (which is what I buy it on Amazon every year for). However, if you own both an iPhone and a mac, there is no question about Mobile Me being completely worth it. The problem with the Google offerings for me are basically that they dont sync well with my desktop apps, and I really really hate using web apps...
The AnandTech tests were the only effective and scientific tests conducted yet. The results were clear. 1) The iPhone 4 gets a signal in areas with reception where earlier iPhones would be completely dead. 2) The iPhone 4 "death grip" issue is real, but it causes a maximum drop of 24dBm. 3) The only time it will be enough to drop a call is in cases where earlier iPhones would never have made a call, and would have simply displayed 0 bars. So, even after the...