or Connect

Posts by addicted44

This is really simple folks... 1) Verizon has already had 2 online launches before this. 2) Sales are spread between Apple/Verizon/Best Buy/Walmart 3) The hardcore Apple fans are probably on ATT already 4) People found out about this 1 month ago. They are still waiting to get done with their 2 year contracts to upgrade (even the original iPhone had a 6 month warning, so folks whose contracts were ending in the 6 months preceding the launch could wait for it. For...
Wow...kinda puts Apple's growth in the last 3 years into perspective...
Its not the OS. The fact is that the baseband is completely abstracted away. The network chip has enough wrappers, that no one, outside the people creating the wrappers, cares about which network its actually running on.
More importantly, though, its a better product than Verizon's alternatives...
I agree with this comment. I mean, Verizon is handing out to Droid phones for $200. Assuming they give Motorola (or HTC, or whoever is making them now) 4-500 for each unit, they are still far better off receiving only $200 for an iPhone (which probably costs them around 7-800$).
If there are complaints of that nature, they would be terrificly wrong. That would be like calling Android a walled garden because Amazon has a curated store. iOS isn't a walled garden either (although the iOS application system is) because the internet (represented by the standard technologies its based on) is completely unfettered.
Lol...You nearly got me in trouble at work...
Ahhh... Not used it yet, but it doesn't seem up to the par. That being said, Apple's idea of Beta is very different from Google's idea of Beta (and what people have come to expect of Betas, for that matter). Hopefully the issues will be worked out when it graduates from Beta.
First person I am hearing that from... What is wrong with FaceTime's UI? (Or are you talking about the availability issues, i.e. only on WiFi, etc.?)
I think its more likely that this is an indication that in-app subscriptions are coming. Basically, give the App away for free now, and provide easy to access links to buy a subscriptions when in-App subscriptions are revealed. Good idea to make it free right before the holidays, before millions of people start playing with their iPads on the morning of the 25th, and so are more likely to download and try this.