or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Long line stretching almost to the end of the block at an ATT store! About 50-60 people waiting at 10AM.
Daniel is an Apple fan, and certainly gives Apple the benefit of the doubt. However, all those keep whining about the fact that this review is "fanboyism", are unable to single out a single piece of legitimate criticism with this article. The reason is because this article is spot on. Which just shows how fantastically well made the iPhone really is. I saw it in the Apple Store, and was completely blown away by how magnificent it feels/looks. The 3GS looks as...
I agree about the logistical issues. However, the payoffs are too immense for Apple to not try and work around them.1) Substantially larger market.2) Kill any of the alleged Android momentum3) Establish iOS as THE de-facto mobile OS4) Also, makes iAds a much more valuable platform with the larger installed base. Might make that Quattro acquisition more palatableLets get one thing straight. All Android momentum exists only where they don't have to compete i.e. in the US...
Considering how there is hardly anyone left on ATT who wants a smartphone, and doesn't already have an iPhone, I am surprised 23% of sales in the US were to new customers! That seems pretty high to me. Apple has seriously reached the limit to the number of ATT customers they can sell to. Which is why most of their serious growth is outside the US. They really need to step outside ATT's shadows, and embrace at least Verizon, but ideally Sprint and TMobile,...
I don't know how true this is. How many cloud computing services make money at the moment? Salesforce.com is the only one I can think of. Nearly every other cloud computing service (including all of Google's) loses money and is running on the hopes and dreams of VCs. Youtube, arguably the most successful cloud computing service, is still to turn a profit.
Not sure about this, but I dont think China's CDMA network is compatible with the USs...
Mostly, there are 2 cities that have issues with ATT (not including those which don't have ATT at all, which, is smaller than other networks). San Francisco and NYC. I don't know about San Fran, but in NYC the problem is clearly that the signals are much weaker because of the tall buildings and their density. This is not as apparent on other phones, but becomes quite clear on the iPhone, which does a lot more and needs a stronger signal. e.g. I lost my iPhone 3GS...
Everyone keeps whining about "removable batteries". Fact is, every phone has had removable batteries for decades. Probably 1/100th of 1 percent of the population actually buys another battery for times when they run out of juice on the 1st. In fact, the fact that the iPhone charges over USB ensures that it is far more easily recharged than any other phone, since you are almost always bound to be near a laptop/desktop during the normal day. The standard dock...
This is not close to being true. The problem is people keep comparing the App Store to some mythical business model they would like to see. In reality the App Store is best compared to Video Game console online markets, which are completely curated, and the only way to get onto the console (i.e., outside selling discs, which is even more curated, and costs a TON more money). If Apple is accused of anti-competitive behavior, expect Nintendo's stock price to plummet, since...
And the crazy part is that most of these studies underestimate the lead the iOS has, for 2 reasons: 1) Almost no one pays for apps on Android. Almost every app is ad-supported, unlike the iOS, where a much larger percentage are ad-free paid for apps. 2) This does not account for international, where iOS devices compete directly with Android (i.e., aren't locked to a carrier with about 1/3rd marketshare). iOS is killing Android internationally. I don't think anyone...