or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I doubt it. They already found their inspiration for logos.http://www.labnol.org/software/conne...ome-logo/5120/
Awesome. Once again, "Do No Evil" Google enters a market to hand back control to the entrenched powers as opposed to the customers. Like they did with Verizon. And like they will with Sony and the likes now. Awesome.
Smart Move, IMO. People don't really care about ATI vis-a-vis nVidia. However, the AMD brand has a lot of loyalty and good will attached to it, because they have always been looked at as the David in front of the Goliath, Intel. They are also, quite rightfully, credited with making Intel move towards better chip designs after the disasters that was Pentium 4, and moving the industry towards 64 bit.
How in the world is Amazon absent from the suit? When I read the patent's description, the first thought to cross my mind was, "Boy, Amazon is getting some much needed pushback for the whole 1-click deal. Karma is a b***h". Imagine my disappointment when it is explicitly mentioned that Amazon isn't on there!
It's interesting that you think that this is competition for Apple. IMO (and obviously I am, like most other Tech prognosticators, more likely to be wrong than right) WP7 will be a greater challenge to Android than the iPhone. The reason is the market. Apple is selling the iPhone to customers. Google is selling Android to handset manufacturers, just like MS. Its likely that the manufacturers will decide it doesn't make sense to spend resources maintaining...
You can operate a touch screen even more easily without looking at it. Just use the gestures. But what is even better, and nearly encompasses all the "without looking" operations that the click wheel provides, is the earphone clicker. There is nothing you can do on the iPod Nano without looking at the screen, that you cannot accomplish even more easily with the earphone clicker.
The EFF did a real hit job here. This patent has nothing to do with jailbreaking, but rather theft. Do you really think that they need to recognize the user's face to determine whether the phone was jailbroken or not? Apple can already tell whether your phone is jailbroken. A simple call home method (the kind Windows has been using since XP) would work equally well too. And in fact, you know, there already is a phone and technology that can brick itself if you jailbreak...
Shorter andalou: "If I can't be productive with it, no one else can. Because everyone works exactly like me and has exactly the same needs as me".
Great post in general. Of course, one of the huge problems that Apple, Dell, MS, etc. face is that a lot of their components are sourced from their competitors. A lot of their manufacturing are done by their competitors. And all this is done in China, which has very little legal IP protection, and if anything, encourages the theft of IP in practice. I am no American protectionist (in fact, I am not even American) but the Apples and Dells of the world really need to bring...
I agree with this completely. Google really screwed up big time by competing against its partners, IMO. They lost the iPhone ad market (iAds). They will potentially lose the default search ability (We saw Apple add Bing as an option, but more importantly, mention and praise it in a Jobs keynote speech). They will lose the iOS maps soon enough. Now, they are also about to lose the Blackberry Ad market. Something else that will hurt them is Firefox. I am sure Firefox...