or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Again, does anyone think Apple's 1984 Super Bowl ad was a waste of money?
I don't know if it is what "Steve would have done" but I agree that it is embarrassing that Apple did not take an opportunity to revive the SB 84 magic. Apple, with its hundreds of billions in the bank can afford a few million for an ad. Does anyone think the SB 84 ad, considering we are still discussing it today, 30 years later, wasn't worth the money?
Lenovo never really "turned around" IBM's PC business. IBM's PC business was doing fine when Lenovo bought it. The problem for IBM was that it had completed its transition to becoming a service company, with significantly higher profit margins. The PC business was dragging their profit margins down, and unlike their server business (at the time) it didn't help much in gaining consulting clients. Primarily because PCs were complete commodities by that point. IBM did exactly...
Which should tell people something about using Mr. Market to judge how well a company is doing..
I think a lot of people really like the 5C's look. The comparison to plastic Android phones is flawed because the 5C does not have a plasticky look or feel to it. Also, the comparison to teh 4/4S is meaningless, because I am sure Apple sold a higher percentage of 5C's as a share of the total, than they did 4's as a share of the total when the 4S came out. The problem for Apple was they were trying to establish a new line of phones with higher demand, but did not succeed. I...
I am looking forward to this. IMO, Apple has really dropped the ball with Siri. The performance is poor (Apple's online efforts have been consistently subpar, IMO). Additionally, it still isn't on Mac OS X.   Will be good to see MS put some pressure on Apple to upgrade their performance in this area.
You guys are missing what Samsung is trying to do. They are gonna create a Google Glass clone, whose only purpose is to scan your iris, which then communicates with the Galaxy Note S6 and lets it know whether you are actually you. They will make it part of Galaxy Gear products, and price it at $399, with a ridiculously long commercial which apes Apple's ipod mini commercials with people dancing with different colors, instead they will have people dancing with different...
I vehemently disagree. People said the same thing about tablets. Apple did do a tablet. But they did it the right way, which was completely different from how anyone else tackled it. I am not saying Apple will do a hybrid. What I am saying is that they are almost certainly looking at how to do a tablet, and if they do a tablet, it will have something different which makes it viable. In fact, Apple has already been building towards a workable hybrid through iCloud, IMO. You...
I downloaded Here to see if it was a better alternative, but boy, does it suck. And that overall blue tone to the app is just horrible looking. Even if the mapping was good, there is no way I could bear to use that ugly app. That being said, it is hard to figure out what Nokia means by saying its apple's fault. Doesn't make much sense even if you trust them completely.
It is not true that Mandela was a communist. In fact he was against the ANC allying with te communists. But when the party did vote for it he was in favor because as he said (paraphrasing) that when you fight oppression you don't have the luxury of choosing your allies.If you look at the fight against apartheid, it was the communist governments which assisted the people fighting it, while the western leaders (but to their credit, not the people) branded the apartheid...