or Connect

Posts by addicted44

If I want to meet more than 1 person, it is way more cumbersome to dial both, and coordinate their times, and agree upon locations. This seems like it will make the process far easier and friendlier.
AppleApple never denied the Apple HDTV. Yet you can't but it anywhere.The fact that Apple has not even given a no comment is good indications that this is BS.
John Gruber says the rights aren't transferable. If so then this is just a bad acquisition by Apple. More likely, it is a BS rumor.
This! The iTunes ecosystem is one of Apple's greatest strengths. It is the most user friendly music ecosystem on the planet. Spotify greatly damages that because the appeal of free on demand music is far greater than that of a great user experience. Despite the fact that its software is dogcrap and the policies are draconian (wonder where all the anti-DRM freaks are these days?).iTunes needs a Spotify like service and beats may be the only way to get there. If so, it is...
Not if it is the only way Apple can acquire those licenses. Note, I am speculating here because I cannot for the life of me see any other way Beats is worth that much. That being said, keep in mind the 3bn figure may be a leak from a Beats investor in an attempt to increase its perceived value.
Their Beats Music music service has been well reviewed. Also, as I suggest in my earlier comment, Apple has been rumored to have trouble acquiring licenses to music catalogs from the record companies in order to create a Spotify competitor. This is an indirect way to do just that. Edit: Macrumors seems to think its a play for Beats Music also. That would make a lot more sense to me. Instead of fudging around building a new music service, and spending months negotiating...
Didn't Beats recently release a Spotify like service? It has gotten some pretty good reviews.   However, more importantly, from Apple's perspective, it has a license from the record companies to deliver music on demand, unlike iRadio. And there have been rumors that the record companies do not want to give Apple the license to offer a Spotify like service.   Keeping that in mind, this is most likely an acquisition for the licenses to create a Spotify competitor, than...
Id imagine it is more likely because of older IT staff which is carrying over a justified (at the time) hatred of Apple to today. I find it very hard to see how business could justify buying Android over iOS. Hecjk, Apple's consumer update policies are better than Android's enterprise ones. And seamless updates to the latest (or at least most secure) OS is pretty much THE most important thing for businesses.
This. I am using an iPhone 4 I bought nearly 4 years ago. On ios 7 and works brilliantly. That's a lot more than I can say for the Galaxy S3 I used for a month a few mońhs after it was released.When I go back to India and hae a choice between the S3 and the original iPhone, I always pick the latter (though it isn't on the lates OS) because despite a slower processor, it was actually faster.
What a killer article by DED.   I usually enjoy your "no holds barred" writing style, but I gotta say, this far more reserved article, which let the images and story do the talking was pretty awesome.