or Connect

Posts by addicted44

Lol. No. AAPL actually. Been riding it since it dropped to the 80s in 2009. Some of my SW development is on .Net though, so I watched the Build Keynote today, and for the first time, I was actually impressed with what MS is doing. However, as another poster warned, there is a huge gap between a demo and a product, so it is still wait and see.
I think it's basically, if any software patents are violated, the owners of the patents have to sue MS, and not the hardware vendors.
I gained a lot of respect for MS after Windows Phone. I still think iOS is better, however, unlike Android, which basically just copied everything about iOS, MS genuinely gave us a new OS, with a completely different interface, and a different way of interacting with the phone. Definitely agreed that I'm rooting for MS to beat Android.
Microsoft is finally realizing that Android is the REAL threat to their business. Apple isn't. Apple will continue making premium devices for people who are willing to pay for quality, just like in the desktop world. It will never really threaten MS, and in fact, usually benefits them by giving them ideas for next updates to their OS. Android, OTOH, is trying to be the next Windows.
That's fair enough. We absolutely need to see it in real life before commenting. Especially with MS, who are kings of vaporware. However, the idea, and demoed aspects of Cortana are far wider than Siri.
Halo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana
I can't imagine anyone would say that. I completely agree that Forstall was really holding Apple back. Just seeing how much Apple was able to change between iOS 6 and iOS 7, gives me great hope that the next iOS 8 will bring Apple back to leaving its competitors far behind.
This is a lot nicer than Siri. It seamlessly integrates Bing Search, Local Search, Siri, Google Now-lite, as well as allowing 3rd parties to tie into Cortana (something I am still amazed Apple hasn't added), all within the same interface.
It's not a flop, but it shows a clear misjudgment of the market from the Apple brass. Tim Cook as much as admitted to this fact.Just goes to show that the people who run Apple are also human (and before the "SteveJobs wouldn't have" folks chime in, Jobs was also prone to many mistakes).
Again, does anyone think Apple's 1984 Super Bowl ad was a waste of money?