or Connect

Posts by addicted44

I think you have pointed out something what most other articles seemed to have missed. I think it is quite likely that Williamson was too close to Forstall for others to be comfortable working with him. Lets not forget that Forstall had him heading the most significant feature in iOS6, so he obviously placed a lot of faith in him, which would make the guys who disliked forstaall not big fans of Williamson's to say the least.
From the last profile of Scott Forstall, he is clearly a very ambitious individual who is also willing to play office politics to get his way. Not saying this is a bad thing, but that when you couple that with the rumored desire to be CEO, it is clear that the dynamics between him and Tim Cook cannot be all that great.
I think Apple will move to an Intel like tick-tock strategy. Major improvements to the ipad every spring with minor feature adds in the fall. Same with the iPhone. Major features in fall, with minor adds in the spring. This will help them compete better with the competition which and better combat the drop off in sales in the quarter prior to a new release.
Seconded as an owner of the "new ipad". It does not make my device any less useful (and in fact, by strengthening Apple's position in the market it makes it more useful by encouraging even more devs to develop for the ipad).I am very happy with the ipad I own and will be happier if I know Apple is improving them even faster than earlier which will mean my next ipad purchase will be even better than it would have been otherwise.
So the best way to experience Android's only advantage ("Openness") is to disable the openness?   Brilliant.
The original iPhone gained this feature (once the App Store was opened) through the App Store a long time ago. I remember downloading the App (Can't remember it's name now, and am at work, so can't look it up), and using it maybe once.   Next time I upgraded my phone, I deleted the app.   The only benefit to this feature in practice I have noticed is sharing Contacts. But it is a clumsy way to do it. Sending contacts via Message is far easier. It helps when you have poor...
True...Frankly, I spent the first half of this year using the original iPhone! While I wont argue that it was an awesome experience, it was outright better than an Android a buddy of mine bought 2 years ago. He is waiting with credit card in hand for tomorrow to order the iPhone 5.
People have always wanted services. They have needed gadgets to access those services. The big deal about the iPhone was it consolidated a bunch of services (some of which weren't even available on phones, like desktop class web browser) into 1 gadget.   The difference is what people have been willing to pay for. They have not been willing to pay for services for the most part (look at how music sales revenues have dropped, although music consumption has increased. Same...
But Japan is clearly an exception. The Japanese were using NFC well before anyone had even started speculating about Apple creating a phone.   No other country in the world is even close to having adopted NFC in any significant way at all. And that will not be changing anytime soon, unfortunately.
  I think you are onto something here. Using Bluetooth for transactions, and combining them with an easy fingerprint based authentication system would make Apple's payment system far easier to go up to scale, far more secure, and possibly even easier to use. I am excited about this, if true.