or Connect

Posts by MacShack

You are mixing up inventions (i.e. tools) with believes. Please tell me more about the criticism that the invention of the printing press was facing? I am very careful in trusting in peoples ability to weigh out the pro's and con's. You might find that I should trust their judgements in these matters more and call my trust lacking. If I lack trust I am very curious how much trust I should have.You are funny, I give you that. What has Fascism to do with the topic? I was...
Yeah shuffing the comments under the comedy section is just a way of saying that you fundamentally do not agree with the literal meaning of the above mentioned posts. I didn't tell people what to post. I was merely categorising them into the shallow comments section. Suggesting to flex your brain is in no way an insulting comment. It is just a call to think a bit deeper about the message that the rabbi was trying to get across. Rather than willfully ignoring the challenges...
I perceive the meaning of your point. I would however not put books in the same line with movies and video games. They are of a total different kind. Also books aren't as addictive as movies or video games. If people do happen to be addicted to reading they seem to be more of the more developed type than the impulsive short-term thinking type. Concentration levels are very low these days and where books have to fight their way into children's hands the children drop them...
I can't believe the comments that I'm reading. It is true that the generation that is growing up with all these amusement products are easily distracted from the things that really matter in life. Of course there is nothing wrong with an iPad or iPhone. But like with everything; when things are not seen in the right context they can become harmful. I see an upcoming generation that is hungry for amusement. They lack discipline and true commitment to fulfill the dreams they...
You mean I can't pay that .99 in cash?
I'm trying, intelligence, stupid, wise. I think you are mixing things up here. Wise people implement rules. Foolish people follow them without challenging them. However foolish people say we don't need rules. Good rules are perfectly fine. Rules should however never be regarded higher than the purpose it is serving. Even Steve Jobs who, by his own admission, is not "fond of rules" was wise enough to implement them. Wise people are not wise all the time. Therefore you will...
I'm sorry, did I forget to mention the 'common sense' part in my objection? You either have to prove that my asssertation about common sense is false or prove that common sense does not exist. Wrong question.
Well they are. But the fact that you don't see it tells a lot. If you are an Android owner you either do not care or worry about these possible security problems that come with an open system. Or you are willing to take the risk and worry for the sake of an open system. These two categories of android users do this because it is their way of life. Anybody with a bit of common sense can tell you that a world without rules and a system to verify whether people are living by...
They read his biography. They concluded that Steve was a visionary. Then they asked themselves the question, what enhances ones vision? The answer was, depending on which country they lived in, a pair of glasses (spectacles or vision enhancers). Give these people a break.
Uhm no. Just that they needed 8 more days to finish their the rework they had already initiated. From lawsuits and failure of patent investment (nortel) they could already see where this was going, legal wise.