or Connect

Posts by MacShack

Hahahahaaaa. So you actually admit following the bigger crowd. Maybe you are trying to not come across as a sheep, makes you a sheep. Because not being a sheep is the in-thing. What's wrong with following others? I read so many posts each day where people argue that they do not want to buy an iPod because everybody has one. So that person was willing to be put up with an inferior product, just because else he would be labeled as a sheep. Meeehh. So stating a fact does not...
Well your statement implies that ms doesn't innovate. I hate to shatter your world view but they do. Even though they innovate less than Apple does. They do innovate. Take their web development framework for instance. Apple is no where close to what ms has. Silverlight is a beautiful enviroment to develop client side web applications. I'm still waiting for Apple to make a good web developing tool like ms has. Office, no need to elaborate further. And if you haven't noticed...
so the pre is a front runner because it supports third party multitasking? Give me a break. You probably think that Vista is better than Leopard because it can run on more different pc's than Leopard. The multitasking that the iPhone now supports is sufficient and most efficient of its kind todate. Multitasking will come to the iPhone when the technology is ready for it. Sorry but the pre is Palms best yet weak attempt to stay afloat. The Pre will only delay the...
that's a good point. Microsoft will only be in competition again if they too make a phone and and an OS. I don't think for instance that android is going to make it. Android will be sold to acer or dell and they will build on that platform further. WinMo is loosing marketshare quickly. Phone makers are trying get rid of it because it's not competative enough to stay attractive to the public. Ahh we will see!
I don't think so. At this moment Apples app market is very healthy. Developers wont all of a sudden stop to develop for the older versions. There is still a 40000000 userbase out there. This will slowly balance out and eventually the older versions will phase out and there will be a very natural and healthy transition to newer versions. Also because the iPhone OS is very scalable older iPhone versions will be able to last longer. I just put OS 3.0 on my iPhone. And it...
Uhm no. If Apple would release the pre today without Palm relasing the pre I would say that they have gone backwards. As I ready stated, why would I want to buy a phone that is worse or maybe as good as the iPhone 3G? Then I go a year back in time. I rather stay in this time zone and move forward with the new iPhone. And I don't care who developed the Pre. All I know is that palm is worse off than Apple was a year ago. A year ago Apple was (and still is) ahead of...
That's good to know.
As I already stated. English isn't my first language. However the meaning of a word is something totally different than the spelling of a word. And the word banter as I learned the word and after looking it up in a dictionary is not a synonym for talking. As I already stated, it means to speak to or address in a witty manner. And I never did that. I never wrote to him in a witty manner. That was my only point. But thanks for pointing out that spelling mistake.
I know the iPhone has multitasking. Multitasking isn't the problem. But letting the user or the program choose how or when to multitask is a very dangerous thing. On a desk- or laptop you don't have this problem very quickly. But on a phone with limited resources in processor power, RAM and battery life. I do believe that at this point Apple is using the best solution for these challenges.
You are funny. I quote:No way you need multitasking for that now do you? David Pogue made a statement in his review about the battery being short of life. As I already stated. Multitasking isn't possible on a mobile device. What I said was that the hardware isn't efficient enough in order to really enjoy the option of multitasking. Oh, and if you really are out of battery you can carry one of those third party external batteries. But road warriors are also a lot in cars...