or Connect

Posts by MacShack

Well, as has already been stated. Not all applications must have been doing something at the same time. Just opening applications that do nothing is just filling up the RAM. No thats not TRUE multitasking! To banter means to speak to or address in a witty manner. English is not my first language but I even know this. And I don't see how that word applied in that context. I'm not even going to respond to your last paragraph. You really have no idea what you're talking...
A very good point! It is very apparent that smartphone makers didn't see their phones as little computers doing computer tasks. But still as a phone. If they saw it as little computers they would have developed phones way earlier with a computer architecture in mind. Yet on the other hand (espcially windows mobile) has always felt the need to have the same user interface on their mobile OS as on their desktop/laptop OS. Apple didn't, which is a great success.
Uhmm. Smoothly and elegantly? I don't think so. One of the reasons other OSs where so slow, unstable and inefficient was because they did multitasking. And what I mean by multitasking is not that Apple decides that one can listen to music and read web pages at the same time. But by multitasking I mean that the developers and users can decide themselves when or how to multitask. Doing this at this point in time will bring up a lot of problemsYou sure you want to use the...
So your are willing to buy the old iPhone 3G again for the next two years? All the Pre has done (on hardware level) is catch up with the iPhone 3G which is about to be phased out. You want to go to a website on the Pre? You go to the browser. Shift open de keyboard. Type in the web address. Slide it in again to read the website. Now imagine that you are reading a web page sideways (which I do a lot). You then want to go to a different web site. You first have to turn the...
Your text does absolutely make no sense to me. First you talk about the Apple TV. Then You state that the Apple TV is selling as well as an e-paper device (kindle). And that you state that Google will own de e-paper/e-book market as of this week. What has that got to do with the Apple TV? And where are you sources?I am sorry but I believe that all the other companies stepped up after the iPhone was introduced into our atmosphere. Also 15 different phones do not guarantee a...
I know what you mean. Though it can be argued that an iPhone and even an iPod is a computer. I kind of miss the exitement over new upcoming machines and OS. Sure I like the iPhone and the iPods. I think they are great. ButI have just the feeling that Apples attention is too devided. It might be that I'm just looking for a fix, in need for a confirmation that Apple is stil serious about their computer arsenal. WWDC might give me what I need. I think Apple should continue...
If you would just ignore him. I think the other companies are getting scared. They may be able to match everything in the area of hardware but their software... It's nothing compare to Apples. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. Hehe
What an interesting article! Thanks AI! It sounds like this guy has some good and Apple-like ideas about integrated security. I can't wait this bearing fruit and leave the critics left with nothing to say. Sure Apple will gain greater marketshare but their security wont suffer from it. Whilst m$ is trying to solve their security and driver problems Apple is well on it's way to innovate more and more, leaving competition far behind.
I second that. The iPhone is now yesterdays news. Steve is focussing on his iTabled. Something that will again leave the market buffeld and left behind for another 4 years. As everybody is trying to catch up with the iPhone ala HTC and Nokia or trying to stay on the same pace ala Palm. They are keeping the iPhone up to pace and introduce another killer-machine.
What an offer! Well that's no way to clear inventory, now is it? I hoped for more sharper prized iPhones. Then again they mustn't get a cheap image either. I'm just waiting for the new iPhone. I just want to see steve balmers face again. But then crying over his misery. And the rest of the market trying to play catch up.