or Connect

Posts by rezwits

I know they went thin, but are they trying to be thin or small. I think if Apple has a smaller model like some mockups I have seen then this is just a niche machine which is OK. But if they have no other machines that are coming out in the future that are like 8 inches wide and 6 inches tall or smaller then this seems like just a weird size thing to do. Why not just make an ULTRA portable that is 1.5 lbs with the lack of a DVD drive. So like I am saying unless they...
I have decided to downgrade to 10.4 on my G4s but the only thing I hate about 10.4 are the icons and Xcode 2.5, well I don't hate 2.5 but I love 3.0. So I figured the least I could do is change the icons on the 10.4 systems. Anyway, I want to know how to transfer icons, using candy bar 3.1.2 probably, from 10.5 to my 10.4 systems. Anyone know how, this early in the game? I thought I could just save a container of 10.5s and open up in 10.4 and blamo, but instead no...
You know how there is that "Keep iTunes folder oganized"? Well I am in a tricky situation. What I am wondering is: Let's say you have an iTunes launch from sratch and after you launch you drag a folder with 1,000 songs or so to the iTunes window and import. In the prefs you have 'keep organized' and 'copy songs to iTunes folder'. Now after all of the song's are copied over and organized and what not, I go in and delete the songs BUT not "Move to trash" so they are...
I just got thru a grueling weekend installing (re-installing) OS 10.5 Server and a my MacBook with a triple boot configuration. It was fun and it was a success. I just wanted to put down some notes for others, but after I want to make some comment about windows and computers in general. The installing required reinstalling due to bugs in 10.5 Server. For the most part out of the 3 configuration option available I would say the Workgroup selection is the best for...
In Leopard Server: I no longer see my user folder or groups folder normally in afp, or basically the finder window. I was able to at first but it simply quit working. I can smb access them, though. I am no longer able to connect to my server via ftp access. Was working at first. But basically stopped. In Leopard Client: I had a problem with disc images and discs not being able to unmount properly. I had the Leopard MacBook issue where the num lock and caps lock...
I think you can turn on file sharing on your pc also and then have the Apple Script copy over the files to that windows share. Goto connect to server in finder under GO menu, and type: SMB:// ipnumber is the ip number of that PC
You could turn on "Windows" file sharing in System Preferences. Then write an Apple Script, on the Mac side to copy all the files you want backed up at night to your shared folder. Then on the windows side copy over the files. But as far as your windows side is concerned I don't know what you would do to get those file in whatever you have to get them in. Hope that briefly helps...
Damn I didn't even see that error. Yeah that is stupid, hehe.
Aren't you supposed to capitalize English...? (I could care less though)I am just not the dufuss criticizing someone and then making a mistake in the same post... dopeWhat did I mess up on this time? the comma in the title by not putting an "and?"Oh and some conjunctions starting sentences and no commas here and there?Was meant to be a quick post, of a quick thought...-lates
I think it was once said that Mac users are the worst compared to Windows users. What about now with Windows, Mac and Linux users? The one thing I would have to say is that Mac users and even Windows users have complaints about their OS. But it seems to me Linux users bash you (in their forums) whenever you have one thing bad to say about it...