or Connect

Posts by rezwits

I just finished installing Mac OS X Server 10.5.2 on my Mac Pro and was hoping to get into compiling from my MacBook laptop using Xcode 3 and distributed builds. Unfortunately, when I went to Xcode prefs the distributed builds section reported that my machines were incompatible with each other. They were both 10.5.2, both i386, Xcode 3 beta 3, both gcc 3.3 (1823), and both gcc 4.0.1 (5478). What was the problem? The build numbers were different. My MacBook was...
You won't see me upgrading my Dual Layer DVD-R MacBook anytime soon, but I can't say I won't get an external Blu-Ray burner for my Mac Pro, and rip high res MP4 which I will just play on my MacBook if wanted. But in regards to what you are say you have to think about it for a sec, will we really ever see, within the next 5 years, the need for a Blu-Ray Install Boot Disk? or a Blu-Ray disc with software to install? I mean yeah there could be an Adobe CS4 or CS5 on one...
I don't think Firewire is a dead standard. Thats an oxymoron I believe anyway. I pick Firewire for DVD burners or Blu-Ray burners if someone will make one, and for hard drives every time... It's nice to have two buses and two standards. I like usb for keyboards, tablets, mice, flash drives, joysticks, and etc... I don't like it for iPods but for iPhone it's cool, but those are just for that pc market share anyway... Later...
At those prices and at with the current setup 2.4 GHz cpu with 800 MHz bus I would spend less cash and get the Macbook with the 250 GB drive over the 200 GB drive. Laters...
I have finally decided on a hard drive configuration for my Mac Pro 2.66 due to a little product that helped me think thru this. I am just unsure if this will work. I have heard that you can't boot windows off of an external so that messed up some ideas. But I didn't have an external to check, but I am sure that is the case. What gave me the idea was this... http://www.transintl.com/store/categ...?Category=2704 But what I want/need to do is have this...
I didn't read in depth all your setup dreams but I just wanted to let you know something about the Mac Pro RAID Card that stopped me from getting it. Basically you can't run linux or windows... at all... bummer Just thought I would give you that tip just in case you wanted to run those at all... well I don't know about linux, but I have read windows won't so I figured linux was in the same boat. Laters...
The way I have gotten it to reliably work is to load the specific size of the trailer I want, and then if the loading error happens, just reload the page again, and then it will work every time (at least the last 8 times I tried different trailers)... Laters...
I think if it (iTunes) gets "completely rewritten" you would see something like iMedia or something, where as iTunes would get dropped. This would be a bold move I think, but I am not sure they would "completely rewrite all the code" Laters...
Lately my internet has been kinda slow due to some repairs by cox. Cause this is funny but now its kinda working. I went to another trailer page and clicked on a medium view of the trailer. I let the page just sit their for like a minute and then it finally started loading... Just slow internet I guess, I also changed the settings of the streaming to 56K instead of 1 mbps cable.
I can't save as source (or quicktime) them because they don't even download into web browser cache, but I assume they are just simple MPEG-4 Apple Movie Trailers. This is where I have been going to see if quicktime in safari works.