or Connect

Posts by rezwits

Just a little recommendation to those out there. I had my setup for my mac pro with 4 1 TB drives in a 2TB 0+1 configuration. This weekend I did a restart and got a sibling error in disk util. Basically this is why mirrors suck, the system completely would not start up, or repair in any disk utility. This is for all for those who like little stories. I had to rebuild the directory to recover what files I could with Disk Warrior there was about 1 TB worth. Which...
This is going to be great in 3 years... honestly, I love eBay + yearly RAM price drops. Laters...
Unless you need something that will stay alive and are worried about your data, stick with higher capacity. I have gone back and forth on my thoughts about this and I need 500 GB, for my laptop. Currently this seems to be good enough for whatever. Seagate should be getting there's out at OWC soon, or before xmas... so basically get the 320... if you can with the config you want Laters...
There are uses for Firewire, like 8 track audio capture that is very cool, and not USB (but maybe if I looked there could be), but... I just think Apple said "what would be more beneficial to a low end user so we can keep the price low", have to have only one of these A or B. A. True Performance Video Chip? B. Firewire? And they decided A. Low end users can have a laptop that will play games. If you do video, you probably might just have the money for...
I successfully installed on a 250GB mirror (RAID 1). So basically the G4 can boot from a RAID 1 but not RAID 0... So happy... Laters...
This link might help...http://www.afp548.com/article.php?st...40827122302975 Laters...
http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17417 I can't remember if this is where I read about this...
I don't know where I read about this, but I am getting ready to redo one of my systems. Currently it has 2 identical 250GB Hitachies, which use Super Duper every Sunday to backup. I tried doing a RAID 0 back in like 2004 on a system that had 4x60GB. I found out through trial and error and then later reading that you can't boot from a RAID in a Power Mac G4. But like I said earlier I don't know where I read this, but someone stated I could boot from a RAID 1 (mirror) in...
802.11n for 5 GHz operation with Airports
I just can't believe no one seems to think 802.11n for the iPhone is just as important 3G, I almost don't even want to buy the new one when it comes out unless it has 802.11n