or Connect

Posts by rezwits

I have finally decided on a hard drive configuration for my Mac Pro 2.66 due to a little product that helped me think thru this. I am just unsure if this will work. I have heard that you can't boot windows off of an external so that messed up some ideas. But I didn't have an external to check, but I am sure that is the case. What gave me the idea was this... http://www.transintl.com/store/categ...?Category=2704 But what I want/need to do is have this...
I didn't read in depth all your setup dreams but I just wanted to let you know something about the Mac Pro RAID Card that stopped me from getting it. Basically you can't run linux or windows... at all... bummer Just thought I would give you that tip just in case you wanted to run those at all... well I don't know about linux, but I have read windows won't so I figured linux was in the same boat. Laters...
The way I have gotten it to reliably work is to load the specific size of the trailer I want, and then if the loading error happens, just reload the page again, and then it will work every time (at least the last 8 times I tried different trailers)... Laters...
I think if it (iTunes) gets "completely rewritten" you would see something like iMedia or something, where as iTunes would get dropped. This would be a bold move I think, but I am not sure they would "completely rewrite all the code" Laters...
Lately my internet has been kinda slow due to some repairs by cox. Cause this is funny but now its kinda working. I went to another trailer page and clicked on a medium view of the trailer. I let the page just sit their for like a minute and then it finally started loading... Just slow internet I guess, I also changed the settings of the streaming to 56K instead of 1 mbps cable.
I can't save as source (or quicktime) them because they don't even download into web browser cache, but I assume they are just simple MPEG-4 Apple Movie Trailers. This is where I have been going to see if quicktime in safari works.
For some reason when I try and watch a trailer in a Safari window from apple.com/trailers the Quicktime plug-in stalls out and fails to play the trailer. I am using a MacBook with 10.5.2, 3.1, and 7.4.1 of Mac OS X, Safari and Quicktime respectively. I had problems like this on a G3/466 iBook with 10.4 but I tried on my MacBook and they worked, now though since one of the updates its doing it on my MacBook, and after a little look, on my G4/533 Dual desktop with...
When I use the default settings for handbrake and don't change anything, I can get an iPod movie and it works correctly. If I change something though the files get funky and won't load on my iPod. But I use VisualHub now, that program rocks I think. The only thing that handbrake has over VisualHub is that it can separate chapters from a DVD to individual movies. But Visual Hub can concatenate multiple movies into a on big file for continuos play. The main item...
I am looking into getting the Apple branded Bluetooth Headset ($129). I don't mainly want it for just the iPhone. I want to use it for war-walking with my laptop for speech recognition. One time I had my ww-rig setup with a battery powered microphone and a G4 Powerbook and the speech recog was incredible, basically because in my belief the mic was powered. I found out from an AppleInsider article that the Genuine Apple Bluetooth Headset works with Macs via bluetooth...
Get LiteIcon for 10.4 and LiteIcon for 10.5. Launch LiteIcon for 10.5 in 10.5 and look at all the Icons, from there you can drag out the icon to a file in a folder on the desktop. After this goto 10.4 LiteIcon and replace those Icons with the ones you get from 10.5, and tell the system to replace and relaunch finder, and the viola, you have 10.5 icons on a 10.4 system. iContainers are not supported for the 10.4 LiteIcon bummer. And if wont work with candybar...