or Connect

Posts by rezwits

There are other apps to invoke a terminal style prompt... I have had one before I can't remember the name, but if you search versiontracker you might find some. After that you could maybe repair your terminal... Laters...
This is how Apple sells new systems to guys who have loved their old Beige stuff... Basically, because we are die hard Apple Fans and not to mention just plain understand somethings work better than others, and when the time has come software gets leveled off to where you HAVE to by a new system. Believe me one of my favorite systems is an 840av with Photoshop 2.5.1, but there are no browsers anymore at certain tech breakpoints... IE have to upgrade system, it's been...
MagSafe NO MATTER WHAT...
A. Want to be an archiver B. Don't want to be an archiver. It's kinda like a lifestyle decision. Let's say you have a TiVo and you record tons of HD shows AND you want to save them cause your internal TiVo hard drive gets full. First you have to ask yourself why? Why do I want to collect/keep/or cherish having 5 seasons of 10 different shows and a DVD collection on an AppleTV. Honestly there are only a few setups I think of. Either Having a TiVo and...
Well just side note there are internet connection speeds that are easily faster than 11 Mbps, but 50 Mbps 802.11g, no...But overall my main things is, I like to have full 5 GHz speed to and from my MacBook, not just internet, and my AppleTV 802.11n which easily loves 300 Mbps, with stored 720p at 1 GB or more per file from iTunes. Having to switch to use the iPhone basically makes my iPhone like my old iBook with 802.11b in my bedroom, I don't enable the 802.11b and the...
It is so important that iPhone have 802.11n. I posted this last June before the 3G model came out but some said that it was not needed. Are there any of you that still feel this way? Especially those who own an Airport Extreme or Time Capsule? Another device that needs 802.11n is the PS3, but that's a different story all together. The thing is with the PS3 is that you can get a Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter and connect your TiVo/DVR and PS3 with a...
Just a little recommendation to those out there. I had my setup for my mac pro with 4 1 TB drives in a 2TB 0+1 configuration. This weekend I did a restart and got a sibling error in disk util. Basically this is why mirrors suck, the system completely would not start up, or repair in any disk utility. This is for all for those who like little stories. I had to rebuild the directory to recover what files I could with Disk Warrior there was about 1 TB worth. Which...
This is going to be great in 3 years... honestly, I love eBay + yearly RAM price drops. Laters...
Unless you need something that will stay alive and are worried about your data, stick with higher capacity. I have gone back and forth on my thoughts about this and I need 500 GB, for my laptop. Currently this seems to be good enough for whatever. Seagate should be getting there's out at OWC soon, or before xmas... so basically get the 320... if you can with the config you want Laters...
There are uses for Firewire, like 8 track audio capture that is very cool, and not USB (but maybe if I looked there could be), but... I just think Apple said "what would be more beneficial to a low end user so we can keep the price low", have to have only one of these A or B. A. True Performance Video Chip? B. Firewire? And they decided A. Low end users can have a laptop that will play games. If you do video, you probably might just have the money for...