or Connect

Posts by rezwits

Are you getting a Titanium finish? are you getting illuminated keys, and the magsafe power adapter is cool, even though it may only happen once or twice. I think the airport card will be more reliable than a dell. Due to limited hard drive space on laptops in general that Firewire 800 port would be really handy. iSight Camera is cool too. And I think you get a Apple remote. The last thing is the case though, PC are usually just cheaper in design and crack and chip. Oh...
Sweet thanks for the reply, I have to say, interesting see how fast things are getting. I was not really intersted in getting a new system. But lately I have been burning DVDs at 16x speed and I used to burn at 1x speed. Now, I know this has nothing to do with processors. But when you look at current specs of computers and realize that these computers and even future ones are and going to be up to 16x the speed of my current computer the feeling of burning at 16x which...
here is an article I found from almost 1 year ago, http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/...eifer_32_core/ which puts this at 16x the speed of a woodcrest here is quote from Intel's site: We've heard there is a 256-core machine in Intel's roadmap How long do you think it will take Intel to get to that point? Delivering such a processor would take a while. We're going to have to see a couple generations of process improvement in terms of transistor density. I would...
Recently, I have been trying to figure out if I want to get a Quad-Core 2.66. But I am having a hard time trying to figure out if this new wave in computing is just in its infancy. Like for instance does anyone know or speculate with certainty that in a year we will have a 32 core machine? with to 16 core chips? or like by 2010 there will be 256 core machines? Cause one thing I have notice is the mHz/gHz rating of chips has seemed to level off since the progress of...
If you look at how much Titanium it cost to build a Mac Pro versus those sill like green chips with a little gold it doesn't equal in value to me. Like I said unless its the gold, but a mac pros motherboard has gold ... hmm
I have been looking at ram price and it just dawned on me, I have no idea why ram is so costly. Apple List getting 16 GB for there machines at around $3,000. Then OWC list for about $1,500. But if you look at the ram and the price f a new computer the ram should be cheaper. Is it supply and demand? Like if 16 GB was $800 everyone would go for that? Then the prices would go up? Just seems like it should be cheaper if not 1/4 of the price of a computer that is $2,500....
inserts 1994? Newton (1st Gen) 1994 LC II 1999 iMac/333 1999 Powerbook Duo 230c
1985 Apple IIe 1990 Mac SE/30 1991 Mac IIx 1992 Powerbook 1400 1993 Mac 840av 1999 Mac Beige G3/300 upgraded to G4/533 2003 Powerbook G3/500 (pismo) 2003 iPod 5 GB 2003 Powerbook G3/500 (pismo) (2nd one) 2004 Titanium Powerbook G4 1 gHz 2004 iPod 15 GB 2004 Intel 2 gHz P4 (win xp) 2004 PowerMac G4/450 Dual 2004 PowerMac G4/450 Dual 2005 Mac 840av (2nd one) 2005 Mac 840av (3rd one) 2005 Powerbook 520 2005 Powerbook 520c 2006 iPod 60GB (5th Gen) 2006 PowerMac G4/533...
Yeah sometimes disk image mounter messes up, you can try two things: One (might not work either) open disk utility and open the image and mess with mounting, ejecting, and re-trys, but the best way would just be dragging the image to toast (if you have it) and select mount, that works everytime for my images that get messed up...
One note I would say is if you add say 100 * 5 MB shareware/freeware apps for 500 MB of storage and have then sorted in folders neatly for the right jobs that wouldn't really slow your computer down, but if you had a 250 GB drive and you installed like 20 apps that total 200 GB with extras like GarageBand Jam Packs and what not the drive getting really full, like previously stated, would definitely slow you down. Did for me... but it's not like using Windows which really...